MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

I just want to know if RDJ is going to act again? I always remember that line from tropic thunder where he’s like “I don’t drop character until after the DVD commentary.” Is the endgame DVD commentary over? Like if Good Night and Good Luck Jr shows up that’s wicked exciting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, No Eternals Spoilers 4 Cap said:

I just want to know if RDJ is going to act again? I always remember that line from tropic thunder where he’s like “I don’t drop character until after the DVD commentary.” Is the endgame DVD commentary over? Like if Good Night and Good Luck Jr shows up that’s wicked exciting. 

He's doing a park chan wook limited series and he's playing like five characters in it so i imagine that will require a bit of acting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

This is RDJ's first acting gig since the ill-fated Dolittle right? Praise that movie's floppage that he's now going to be chasing for awards after the cash-in phase of his career died before it could happen.

Oppenheimer is okay I guess but the world really needed Twolittle.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

This is RDJ's first acting gig since the ill-fated Dolittle right? Praise that movie's floppage that he's now going to be chasing for awards after the cash-in phase of his career died before it could happen.

Define "cash-in phase died before it could happen" given he made $75m from END GAME.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 4:33 PM, Plain Old Tele said:

“American Prometheus” is a much better title than “Oppenheimer”. 🤔

Ehhh very few people know who Prometheus is TBH & 1 word titles are best

5 hours ago, No Eternals Spoilers 4 Cap said:

Yeah, Iron Man was fun and all, but I miss this guy...  One hopes that, consciously clear that RDJ is probably taking this role for much less than his typical blockbuster lately, that he might be induced to deliver something a little more interesting...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, excel1 said:

Define "cash-in phase died before it could happen" given he made $75m from END GAME.

Yeah, he made over $300m from IM3 to AEG.  Not bad for a gig that started out at 400k.

Since AEG, he and Susan also have been heavily into producing - a couple of documentary series, tv movies and series Perry Mason (HBO) & Sweet Tooth (Netflix) have already been renewed.  So he's still raking it in.

Anyhow, always a pleasure to see him work and I still want that long promised Linklater film.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Not a particular fan of RDJ and his patented brand of mumbling but this is definitely a coup for the film.

I'm a lot more curious about this project than I was about Tenet. It's been a while since Nolan did a linear non-SH film. If this is actually linear. Which it might not be.

Edited by Hatebox

39 minutes ago, excel1 said:

This will require some high/strong direction for there to be any sense of tension/urgency/impending doom since everyone knows how it ends. 

I assume they'll make it more of a thriller like Valkyrie, not the usual biopic

• Like 1

The film is described as an “epic thriller that thrusts audiences into the heart-pounding paradox of an enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it”.

https://stanfordartsreview.com/2021/11/08/oppenheimer-robert-downey-jr-and-matt-damon-accompany-christopher-nolans-film-on-the-makers-of-the-atom-bomb/

This is some good subject matter, really curious about this one.  I haven't really liked a Nolan movie since Interstellar in spite of its problems, probably because I'm a sucker for space and space travel movies.  I didn't care for Dunkirk and Tenet was just silly.

On 11/3/2021 at 8:30 AM, Maggie said:

I assume they'll make it more of a thriller like Valkyrie, not the usual biopic

Valkyrie... talk about a movie that should've been an instant classic.   Bryan Singer and Tom Cruise were just so wrong for that film.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Holy shit, Chris Nolan was spotted at my uni today. Now I've gotta stay on campus the whole day to increase my chances of running into him I guess. I wonder if I could apply to be an extra.

Tell him to retcon Timothee growing up as C*sey A*fleck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol, I wonder if Nolan went to The Sex Lives of College Girls stand (they were giving out free beauty products to promote the show or something) that was set up by HBO Max on campus today. I heard he was lurking around that area.

How old are his kids? Maybe he was getting something for them.