Eric Prime

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

The biggest November opening at the moment is a YA adaptation. 

Catching Fire was a mega hit, but seemingly everything else afterwards on that weekend was a disappointment: Mockingjay 1, Mockingjay 2, Fantastic Beasts, Justice League, even Frozen 2 should have done so much more. 

17 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Castings always announce child actors so DUNC2 won't be an exception. They didn't announce Irulan casting either. It's just assumed it's Pugh cause she was in talks but there was no official announcement like Buttler, Walken and Seydoux. They could make those announcements a part of a big Filming Started announcement this month.

Anyway, while Alia is a small role, she does a big thing so casting is important. But yes, DUNC Messiah and Children of DUNC are where she's the main character and age 15 - 28. 

It's not assumed it's Pugh, they got it from production documents someone leaked.

On 7/2/2022 at 5:08 AM, excel1 said:

Catching Fire was a mega hit, but seemingly everything else afterwards on that weekend was a disappointment: Mockingjay 1, Mockingjay 2, Fantastic Beasts, Justice League, even Frozen 2 should have done so much more. 

Goblet of Fire, New Moon, Deathly Hallows Part 1, Breaking Dawn 1, Breaking Dawn 2, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay 1 all opened between $102m to $158m. 

Justice League suffered massively because of BvS and so did MJ2 because of the split. 

It's the definition of a top tier weekend.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Noctis said:

Goblet of Fire, New Moon, Deathly Hallows Part 1, Breaking Dawn 1, Breaking Dawn 2, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay 1 all opened between $102m to $158m. 

Those are all near 10-15 years ago ? Need something MUCH more recently. 

On 7/1/2022 at 11:55 PM, Last Man Standing said:

It's not assumed it's Pugh, they got it from production documents someone leaked.

Good, that settles it than. I said before part 1 came out that Pugh should be Irulan. Dune went 3 for 3 with Irulans. Whatever problems Lynch version and Sy Fy version had, Irulan was spot on. That trend continues. :) I hope they make Messiah. I want to see

Paul and Irulan goodbye. It was so emotional in Sy Fy mini. "I was cruel to you, Irulan". Always gets me.

P.S. This is going to win Best Picture in 2024. Dune was obviously #2 after CODA given so many wins including the all-important Editing. Denis will be vindicated in 2 years. :)

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

The more I think about it, it seems weird that WB didn’t immediately seize on the December release date. 

Oscars. December titles haven't won in years. 

Watched Little Women for Chalamet/Pugh dynamic. Messiah better happen. They'll kill it. :bravo:

Photo of Pugh as Irulan from Budapest set appeared briefly but was taken down. For those who want description of her look:

her short hair from Valentino Haute Coutire Fall/Winter 2002/2023 Show (where she wore THAT dress) is for the role:

florence-pugh-dress-today-main-2-9b1f38.

the character is dressed in a sheer white dress and has a headpiece that kinda resembles this:

Galadriel_mournful.jpg?fit=740,%2B9999&c

It's a blurry photo.

Don't know if descriptions of leaked photos are allowed. If not, let me know and I'll delete it.