Eric Prime

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

2 hours ago, Mau said:

Besides the Netherlands and the nordics, which countries are at risk of closing theaters? 

Ireland are closing them at 8pm until 30th January. The last spider man showing of the day starts at 5pm, meaning employed people can’t go midweek. If the media are to be believed (?) England, Scotland and Wales are at risk of cinemas closing.

2 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

The ones that haven't learned doing that doesn't do a damn thing.  

It’s so frustrating. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, john2000 said:

https://deadline.com/2021/12/spider-man-no-way-home-50m-preview-easily-pandemic-record-all-time-for-sony-100m-friday-likely-1234898486/

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Swinging To 3rd Best Domestic Opening Ever With $253M+ Overtaking ‘Force Awakens’; Is ‘Infinity War’ Next?

As we told you, once an event film like this catches fire and has momentum, there’s no stopping it, and tonight industry estimates are pegging Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: No Way Home with a $72M-$74M Saturday, -40% from the 2nd best opening day ever of $121.5M, which will put the Tom Holland-Zendaya-Benedict Cumberbatch movie at $253M+

The question always asked on these big opening weekends is ‘Why didn’t anyone see it coming?”

Think Which One GIFThink Which One GIF
Why indeed

Think Which One GIF

Think Which One GIF

• Haha 18

Locking this temporarily while I hide spoilers.  WTH are you guys doing?  There's spoilers everywhere right now and this is a spoiler free thread.  This is to discuss numbers, not the plot.  Give your head a shake people.  

@Eric Osborn are we still banning people from threads when they give out spoliers?

• Like 6

Well, I guess according to the first post the spoilers that are mentioned here are allowed.  This blows my mind.  There's still people who don't read social media about a film before they go see it.  I didn't know for sure who was in this but once you read the title of the thread and then all kinds of posts you know for certain that Tobey and Andrew are in this and that there are charcters from the other films in it as well.  IMO, that should not be allowed.  This thread should strictly be for the box office discussion.  Just because Sony has released info doesn't mean it needs to be discussed here.

I'm really saddened and surprised that plot pieces are allowed to be discussed here.  Really blows my mind.  I now know that  known about otherwise.  

I just don't think this is right.  

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well, I guess according to the first post the spoilers that are mentioned here are allowed.  This blows my mind.  There's still people who don't read social media about a film before they go see it.  I didn't know for sure who was in this but once you read the title of the thread and then all kinds of posts you know for certain that Tobey and Andrew are in this and that there are charcters from the other films in it as well.  IMO, that should not be allowed.  This thread should strictly be for the box office discussion.  Just because Sony has released info doesn't mean it needs to be discussed here.

I'm really saddened and surprised that plot pieces are allowed to be discussed here.  Really blows my mind.  I now know that Venom is part of this movie somehow, Willem Dafoe and so much more that I never would have known about otherwise.  

I just don't think this is right.  

Well, to be fair...unless you have been living under a rock, there's so little chance of you not hearing about the rumours of Tobey and Andrew. 

8 hours ago, Cap said:

I will never understand anyone under thirty wanting to get married and have kids. My god. I am thirty and that thought still horrifies me. 

I agree but then you have kids in your thrities and think 'christ this is exhausting, I wish I'd done this years ago.'

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Well, to be fair...unless you have been living under a rock, there's so little chance of you not hearing about the rumours of Tobey and Andrew. 

Rumours yes I have.  Of course.  But rumours are just that rumours.  Spoilers were never allowed in weekend threads before and I don't think they should be now.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, baumer said:

I now know that Venom is part of this movie somehow, Willem Dafoe and so much more that I never would have known about otherwise.  

Of these three things, one is literally an official cast member and in trailers/tv spots/posters -- would have been allowed under the old/normal policy. One is affected by the exception for this movies open "secret." And one is still a warnable spoiler afaik.

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

As many said yesterday, it will be #2 or #3 dom OW. original deadline projection was low as always but we got used to it so that was laughed off. 

Deadline has been lowballing films weekend projections since the dawn of the internet, it feels that way anyway.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

Deadline has been lowballing films weekend projections since the dawn of the internet, it feels that way anyway.

Agreed. so they never learned basic math or they do it on purpose so that they can claim exceeded expectations (not a high bar considering their poor math :lol:).

But even Deadline lowballing couldn't save WSS. 💣

• Like 1