Eric S'ennui

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

40 minutes ago, baumer said:

Rumours yes I have.  Of course.  But rumours are just that rumours.  Spoilers were never allowed in weekend threads before and I don't think they should be now.  

i agree, and I feel bad for people who have gotten spoiled already. It sucks that they won’t experience the film relatively cold as I did. Like Endgame, it’s a very rare communally joyful experience to sit in a crowded theater with fellow fans and watch this unfold for everyone together.

OTOH… this didn’t happen by accident. I basically avoided ANY social media from the time the movie premiered on Monday night until I sat my butt down in the theater on Thursday. I think we’ve all learned that that’s pretty much the ONLY way to avoid having anything spoiled in these types of films. I can’t control the thousands of yahoos who jump on the Net as soon as they learn that “____is in this!!!” Or “____ dies in this!!!” They can’t wait to try to ruin it for people. But I CAN control what *I* do, so I stayed away for a few days until I was actually in the theater to see it.

Sadly, fans who have to wait a week or more are just screwed.

• Thanks 1

For this instance im glad that i dont really care that much about the MCU anymore. Im bombarded with spoilers for this movie every day on the internet but it wont make my viewing experience worse i feel when i watch it in a few days. Honestly, knowing some things just made me actually a bit ... hyped?

But genereally i totally agree with @baumer. Weekened threads should have a zero tolerance policy in regards to posting even mild spoilers in my opinion. I mean, we literally have a spoiler thread for this movie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Well, I guess according to the first post the spoilers that are mentioned here are allowed.  This blows my mind.  There's still people who don't read social media about a film before they go see it.  I didn't know for sure who was in this but once you read the title of the thread and then all kinds of posts you know for certain that Tobey and Andrew are in this and that there are charcters from the other films in it as well.  IMO, that should not be allowed.  This thread should strictly be for the box office discussion.  Just because Sony has released info doesn't mean it needs to be discussed here.

I'm really saddened and surprised that plot pieces are allowed to be discussed here.  Really blows my mind.  I now know that Venom is part of this movie somehow, Willem Dafoe and so much more that I never would have known about otherwise.  

I just don't think this is right.  

Agree @baumer

there’s a whole other thread to discuss the movie itself. 

Any talk of content within it shouldn’t have been let into the OW thread in my opinion.

That goes for any movie like this for at least a couple of weeks. 

• Thanks 1

I went to extreme lengths to avoid spoilers, and we in the U.K. got it before anybody! 

I even muted about fifty key words on Twitter so no mention of it could appear in my timeline. Have done the same for Matrix. 

I need Twitter for my work so can’t avoid it, but the lengths I had to go to were insane. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah, Venom 2 people wouldve made something cooler 

I mean I loved NWH but actually having a director would be a great thing compared to the placeholder Feige/Pascal use lol.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

WSS should have decent holds in the coming weeks. The release date was a disaster, but hey ho. 

Fact is that all the adult movies have taken a hit because that crowd are also part of the Spider-Man crew. Everybody is seeing this movie, and as fast as they can to avoid having surprises ruined. 

4 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

Inasmuch as NWH is a movie with no director, it seems to have worked out extraordinarily well, no?

You say this, but movie wouldn't be missing $300 mil OW if they got an actual director. Like, if Sam Raimi directed this? Easy $1 bil DOM gross.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Don't know how much of an impact it will have on NWH run, but in Europe trends are not good at all. In a week here in Italy (and we are doing pretty well compared to our fellow Europeans) those who wanna go see a movie will need a PCR negative test even though they are vaccinated. People are not willing to pay extra money to see a movie when they were told to get vaccinated in order to be able to live a normal life. Plus, there is a solid chance that in 1-2 weeks a lot of regions will have to halve cinemas capacities.

Edited by alfred8
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

You say this, but movie wouldn't be missing $300 mil OW if they got an actual director. Like, if Sam Raimi directed this? Easy $1 bil DOM gross.

Live look at me pondering what could have been:

Star Wars Reaction GIF