Eric Lasagna

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

36 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I think you're misremembering how strict the weekend threads have always been. and people melting down and being like "we should just talk about numbers and nothing else!!" a few years ago (i think this was during another big marvel release but i can't remember) is what killed a lot of the energy in this forum and probably why most of the fun posters left. the weekend threads especially during the big releases used to have a party atmosphere but that died because of people freaking out anytime the discussion veered slightly off the numbers. so i'm more reacting to that element of saying the weekend threads should be stricter about that. you'll just kill the vibe (even more). as for spoilers i don't care. i don't think "x actor is in the movie" counts as a spoiler at all, from my perspective.

IN MY OPINION THEY HAVE BEEN VERY STRICT ABOUT SPOILERS FOR MOVIES PAST

• Haha 3

I love ya, @baumer, but I wasn’t spoiled in this thread until your comments where you mentioned that [redacted] is in the film. Nobody else had mentioned that (or if they did, it was caught before I was spoiled). So, in arguing against the policy, you have spoiled a character in the film for me.

I feel you on the exception to the rule, and support your right to argue against it, but maybe read the thread’s rules next time so you don’t accidentally spoil some of us? No spoilers are allowed except for the one narrow exception, given the circumstances. It’s certainly arguable whether that should be allowed, but there’s no need to go spoiling other things in the meantime. 

All that said, you’ll always be one of my faves, no matter what. Cheers.

Peace,

Mike 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

18 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

Anyways, moving on to another topic

This merger sucked, the tentpole industrial complex domination is terrible, capitalism will kill us faster than the virus, blah blah blah. Man this stuff is just tiring.

Blame the studios 1000% for this, not theaters.  The studios all desperately try to shove 9 new wide release films into a 2 week window after going weeks before and after where they release nothing.  

Nightmare Alley should have been a Dec. 25th limited NY/LA release, then roll out to 50 theaters on 12/31, then wide on 1/7.  

Journal for Jordan should have been an MLK weekend release.  American Underdog should have stayed where it was or moved to 2/4.  

There is room to make money for everyone, but they have to be smart about it.  

• Like 9

I HATE spoilers but you’d have to be completely off the internet for the last 6 months to not know Timothy and Anthony were in this film.  We have been discussing them as the main box office draw and why the film was going to make over $200M OW since August.  Nobody was discussing plot points or specifics. 

Anyways moving along, hope Sony puts this above IW

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Blame the studios 1000% for this, not theaters.  The studios all desperately try to shove 9 new wide release films into a 2 week window after going weeks before and after where they release nothing.  

Nightmare Alley should have been a Dec. 25th limited NY/LA release, then roll out to 50 theaters on 12/31, then wide on 1/7.  

Journal for Jordan should have been an MLK weekend release.  American Underdog should have stayed where it was or moved to 2/4.  

There is room to make money for everyone, but they have to be smart about it.  

Blame not studios but Trackers of respective company who kept underestimating the Mammoth and tried to march along with it.

1 minute ago, Knights of Ren said:

I HATE spoilers but you’d have to be completely off the internet for the last 6 months to not know Timothy and Anthony were in this film.  We have been discussing them as the main box office draw and why the film was going to make over $200M OW since August.  Nobody was discussing plot points or specifics. 

Anyways moving along, hope Sony puts this above IW

tbf it was more out of hope than knowing from fans. Until John Campea inadvertently ruined it with pictures a few weeks ago. 

He is the single reason anybody who knew for sure actually knew.