Eric is Quiet

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

$122m OD, amazing.  It's basically going to gross more in one weekend than the Amazing Spider-man 2 did in its entire lifetime domestic. Heck, it should even get close to the overall domestic gross of The Amazing Spider-man which did $262m domestic.

If the arrangment between Sony and Marvel continues, Marvel really re-negotiate the 25% box office or whatever it is they get from these movies. 

I still remember the absolute negativity around the Amazing Spider-man series.

• Knock It Off 1

55 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

There's no IMAX/PLF anymore. Theater chains really need to have 2+ IMAX theaters at this point, because they're the only places people are going out to see movies these days.

Well, when you open so low, and a $270M opener opens after you, it doesn't matter if you have PLF, no one is seeing your movie, or any other movie, this weekend...

TFA pt #2 Xmas season is coming - it's a wave at this point (I predicted it, but I'm still shocked to see how friggin' high it's gonna be - it may be TFA for real vs just in the ratios)...

Spider-Man: No Way Home also gets a huge hug from moviegoers with an A+ CinemaScore; the best grade ever for a live-action Spider-Man, and the second for the franchise counting the Oscar-winning animation movie, 2018’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

https://deadline.com/2021/12/spider-man-no-way-home-50m-preview-easily-pandemic-record-all-time-for-sony-100m-friday-likely-1234898486/

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 10

10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Not based on any data, but I have been thinking under 5% sat growth for a while now, so $73M ish may be.

Damn was really hoping this could take a swing at Infinity War’s Sat. Fantastic numbers regardless, I’m sure the boosted holiday weekdays will come into play to make up the difference. Still hoping for $250m+, what a rebound this weekend is.

Friday didn't change too much demo wise...from Deadline (who says  $242M–$247.5M+ for the weekend)...

"Updated Comscore/Screen Engine PostTrak exits still show 5 stars from general audiences with 96% positive, a 91% definite recommend with kids under 12 giving the movie a 98% grade.  The 18-34 demo is largely responsible for the success of this blockbuster, showing up at 70% with Men under 25 at 38% (97% grade), Men over 25 at 25% (96% grade), women under 25 at 22% (95% grade) and women over 25 at 15% (now a 92% grade). Updated diversity demos are 32% Caucasian, 30% Latino and Hispanic, 17% Black and and 14% Asian."