Eric Onion

No Way Home Weekdays/Matrix & Sing Thread (12/20-23) | 37.1M Monday/32M Tues | King's Man 800K Previews

2 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

There a lot of people who would normally watch this film who are not so the fact this doing near 700 million or more shows this likely has the biggest * ever for a film about what it could have done.

It's having an awesome run even for normal times, but it's even more impressive given the COVID problems still floating around. Legendary run! 

I think whatever the final number for DOM ends up at, we can +10%-15% of that number  to get the number of no/pre-pandemic level.

There is always certain amount of causal movie-goers who are not fan of anything. This pandemic can make those people stay at home and wait for the digital release.

• Like 1

I said months ago that COVID would have a 5-10% effect on this film (as it did on the other MCU films, the only difference is those were much smaller). But yes, in the end there will be a subset of people who won't see it at all because of the virus situation who may have gone under normal circumstances. And others who may only see it once but would have gone 2-3 times if COVID was more controlled or on the downside. It is what it is. Let's see where things stand after next Monday. 

Edited by GoblinXXR
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

I said months ago that COVID would have a 5-10% effect on this film (as it did on the other MCU films, the only difference is those were much smaller). But yes, in the end there will be a subset of people who won't see it at all because of the virus situation who may have gone under normal circumstances. And others who may only see it once but would have gone 2-3 times if COVID was more controlled or on the downside. It is what it is. Let's see where things stand after next Monday. 

yes this one too.

I think the effect will be around 10% of its total gross in the end. 

10% seems quite small but when we put it into the long run of big movie it can be around $60M-$70M

Edited by Danhjpn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yikes. Just 2 responses in 15 mins. The forum is truly dead.

Am seeing 20% drop for 30 as of now.

Before we freak out about the drop, let’s remember that today is Tuesday, most chains have discounts up to 40-50% off regular price. We’ve been seeing SO MANY sellouts the last few days, and most theaters don’t have the capacity/screens to add even more NWH showtimes for Tuesday alone to make up for the $ lost on discounted tickets. So a small drop today doesn’t concern me.

Our ticket sales at my local were up 30%, but actual $ drop is going to be 5-10%.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Just now, DAJK said:

Before we freak out about the drop, let’s remember that today is Tuesday, most chains have discounts up to 40-50% off regular price. We’ve been seeing SO MANY sellouts the last few days, and most theaters don’t have the capacity/screens to add even more NWH showtimes for Tuesday alone to make up for the $ lost on discounted tickets. So a small drop today doesn’t concern me.

Our ticket sales at my local were up 30%, but actual $ drop is going to be 5-10%.

This.

Discount Tuesday bumps are going to be minimal in the numbers when you're a movie that's been playing to maximum capacity across many shows every single day since it opened. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

So assuming it tops out at 675, this is bound to have the ugliest legs among the mega openers of December 😌 so much for A+ magic, first EG, now NWH

MCU truly jinxed the power of Cinemascore 

More like Covid jinxed Cinemascore. Also, I had a ZOOM meetup today with about 20 people. Most people are still not aware Tobey and Andrew are in this. A lot of GA hasn't heard yet, so there is still time for WOM to spread. I think some people aren't seeing it because they think it's Tom's film.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DAJK said:

That is pretty normal for these mega-openers on their first Discount Tuesday. Jurassic World dropped 5%. Force Awakens dropped 7%. Avengers Endgame dropped 10%. If the drop today is 20%, not sure what to make of it. But it's all icing on the cake after the gigantic opening. 

5 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

I think Jat should be banned and stripped of his purple for what he's done to this thread! This is outrageous! Blasphemous!! He wanted NWH to fail all along!!

:ohmyzod:

I hold him personally responsible for not buying $1M of DOM tickets today :sadfleck:

• Sad 2