Ezen Baklattan

Friday numbers (page 12) THG 12.7-12.9, AR 9.3, Titanic 7.1

How did that happen? What about the rest?

I saw American Reunion. I didn't have time to see the whole film yesterday so I just walked in and watched a few minutes of it. I brought my own 3D glasses just in case. I'll see the whole thing today or tomorrow.

So that means that increases are muted. Titanics is less than 100% and THG is exactly 100%. Not great jumps for either film and that is a shitty number form American Reunion

Honestly I thought Titanic would be much bigger than it currently is. But I am actually kind of happy that it's not doing well cause it might force Hollywood to be a little more original. Everything these days is either a sequel or a remake, and the last thing we want is the addition of a new trend of releasing every old movie in 3D. So maybe now they can see that it's not necessarly easy money.

I don't mind re-releases, but I despised that this one was given the 3D mistreatment, when it didn't need it. I tried to look for a 2D showing in my neighborhood, but no cigar. So, I just won't see it. There was also a news segment just the other day, on the "Don't Waste Your Money" and their topic that night was Titanic 3D, and how it does nothing for the experience, so don't waste your money on 3D Titanic. Perhaps other people decided to follow the advice.

I agree about the 3D thing and Titanic. It was supposed to be released in 2D also, and I can't find one place in all of Toronto that has it in 2D.

So that means that increases are muted. Titanics is less than 100% and THG is exactly 100%. Not great jumps for either film and that is a shitty number form American Reunion

I think that 100% jump for THG is good, especially since it jumped almost 40% on Thursday first.Titanic on the other hand had less than a 100% increase from a Thursday that dropped 17% Edited by Incarnadine

I think that 100% jump for THG is good, especially since it jumped almost 40% on Thursday first.Titanic on the other hand had less than a 100% increase from a Thursday that dropped 17%

The Thursday gross for Titanic was not going to increase. Any time a film opens on a Wednesday, it drops on the Thursday. It just happens. And I'm not saying that it's bad for THG, but there were many people here who said it could go up by 130-150% yesterday. I'm merely pointing out that it didn't and this means that it will probably finish with about a 50% drop. Today's numbers are anyone's guess. They could drop, they could increase. Different years have meant different grosses. So I'm not sure at this point.

I think that 100% jump for THG is good, especially since it jumped almost 40% on Thursday first.Titanic on the other hand had less than a 100% increase from a Thursday that dropped 17%

YEs I agree with this analysis albeit Titanic was gonna drop as it opened on Wed. Edited by darthdevidem01