Maggie

Weekend Thread (Feb 4 - 6) : Jackass $1.65 Thursday

41 minutes ago, Eric Knoxville said:

https://deadline.com/2022/02/jackass-forever-moonfall-box-office-2-1234926709/

Saturday morning estimates:

1.) Jackass Forever (Par) 3,604 theaters, Fri $9.6M/3-day $20.7M/Wk 1

2.) Moonfall (LG) 3,446 theaters Fri $3.4M/3-day $9.1M/Wk 1

3.) Spider-Man: No Way Home (Sony) 3,600 (-75) theaters, Fri $2.08M (-24%)/3-day $8.8M (-20%)/Total $748.1M/Wk 8

4.) Scream (Par) 3,227 (-360) theaters Fri $1.2M (-42%)/3-day $4.36M (-40%), Total: $68.5M/Wk 4

5.) Sing 2 (Uni/Ill) 3,266  (-184) theaters, Fri $810K (-22%)/3-day $4M (-14%)/Total: $139.4M/Wk 7

6.) The King’s Man (20th/Dis) 1,910 (-505) theaters Fri $305K (-33%)/3-day $1.1M (-33%)/Total $35.7M/Wk 7

7.) Redeeming Love (Uni) 1,797 (-166) theaters, Fri $270K (-53%)/3-day $910K (-49%)/Total: $7.9M/Wk 3

8.) American Underdog (LG) 1,470 (-643) theaters, Fri $214K (-39%)/3-day: $793K (-31%)/Total: $25.9M/Wk 7

9.) The 355 (Uni/FilmNation) 1,710 (-803) theaters, Fri $170K (-55%)/ 3-day $640K (-52%)/Total $14.1M/Wk 5

10.) Licorice Pizza (UAR) 786 (+14) theaters, Fri $167K (-10%)/3-day: $593K (-6%)Total $12.6M/Wk 11

Can NWH cross $750M on Wednesday ?

Edited by LPLC

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Looking at Sing 2’s number. I wonder why American families aren’t going back to the cinema yet, but they are here in the UK. (Sing 2 opened way ahead of Sing 1, with the equivelant of nearly $70m)

By its third weekend Sing 2 was on PVOD here in America, so it's hung on pretty well, considering. The UK box office seems to have had a broader recovery compared to the US.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Thinking 14m for Nile and 10m for Marry Me next weekend (no idea what Blacklight is - guessing....horror movie?)

It's another one of those lame Liam Neeson action vehicles nobody cares about. I miss when the guy did actually interesting projects.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Looking at Sing 2’s number. I wonder why American families aren’t going back to the cinema yet, but they are here in the UK. (Sing 2 opened way ahead of Sing 1, with the equivelant of nearly $70m)

Similar story over here in Turkey. Going by admission numbers, Sing 2 has already surpassed the first movie's entire run in just a couple of weeks. Of course Sing 2 had a far better release date, being released on the very day that K12 schools here went on winter break. Whereas Sing 1 was released here in early December when most children are in school.

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Paramount's making a nice comeback so far between Scream and Jackass both doing $20M+. With the impressive slate they have for the rest of 2022 it's looking like their grave-dancing was really premature.

Hopefully Lost City performs well. Comedy is really struggling but a decent concept with huge star power (Bullock, Tatum, Pitt, Radcliffe) can boost it. Trailer has 17 million views in a month which is impressive. March is empty for big releases except Batman of course

• Like 3

The Lost City got a good reaction from my Jackass Forever crowd, especially when Brad Pitt showed up. It looks fun, hopefully it can do well.

In 2013 it would have been a lock for $100m+ though. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 5

Spider-Man has a chance of doubling its Friday gross today in Canada. Certainly not locked, but man this is a big jump.

Jackass might stay flat with true Friday. A small bump wouldn’t surprise me, but nothing hugely significant.

I know that The Quorum is still an up-in-the-air source for many, but Lost City's already got 40% awareness more than a month out. That's well ahead of every February movie sans Uncharted, so it's pretty good stuff. It's also got a good premise and good starpower a la Free Guy/House of Gucci and SXSW to back it up.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Tarintino said:

I love Jackass but i wish they had sorted out their problems with Bam. I know the guy had issues but he seemed like the closest one to Ryan Dunn and I'm sure that accident really hit him hard.

Yeah, the Dunn accident set him off on a course of relapse. It's sad to see him miss this movie (although, he is in a stunt if you look in the background) but there's only so much to do when the person doesn't want to change. they gave him an intervention and drug tests but he still failed and didn't corporate. Steve-O put in the work and has remained sober. Hopefully Bam does put in the work and seeks help. The movie is fun but it would have been cool if he was in it and healthy

• Like 1