Eric is Anxious

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 | December 20, 2024

37 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Considering they are saying this one is for the diehards...

They can't say anything else. I'm friends IRL with a few people who work on these movies - they're no-joke-not-exaggerating terrified of the hardcore Sonic fanbase 🤣

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, ViewerAnon said:

They can't say anything else. I'm friends IRL with a few people who work on these movies - they're no-joke-not-exaggerating terrified of the hardcore Sonic fanbase 🤣

1 hour ago, ringedmortality said:

I'm more of a Sonichu fan myself

Considering how the creator of sonichu reacted to the blue arms change in sonic boom I don't blame them 

I'm guessing this film will deviate from the games more than fans want (no Maria death, no Amy, etc.), but this will also be the last film, so none of it will matter.

Hardcore Sonic fan. Can confirm. Those guys can fuck you up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I'm guessing this film will deviate from the games more than fans want (no Maria death, no Amy, etc.), but this will also be the last film, so none of it will matter.

But who is saying this will be the last film? The producers have made it clear they fully intend to keep going after this, and I doubt it's going to flop so bad to make them cancel everything.

And how does one even do no Maria death? Studios have done implied, and even non-graphic on-screen deaths by gunshot wounds and explosions in other PG-rated films (Spider-Verse, Big Hero 6, even the first Sonic movie had the implied deaths of a near-entire echidna tribe and the owl mom).

I'm certainly not trying to be rude or argumentative, but I think you're tremendously off-base on this. It's way riskier for the movie to veer into a wildly different direction with a character's origin story (Hell, the whole foundation of the character) than to just stick with it. Kids have played these games, they know the character, they know what's coming. The creatives might make some alterations, they might have it just be implied, but based on how they've been true to the source material so far, it's very likely going to happen.

Edited by misterpepp
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, WebSurfer said:

Curious to know how they’ll handle Jim Carey after this film.

This may indeed by his last one.

Hopefully Robotnik gets a resolution if this is Carey's last film role.

2 hours ago, Reddroast said:

I think people don't know that the director Jeff Fowler worked on Sonic 06. He has seen how mad they can get. 

Wait what.

Side note: why on earth have they not ported Unleashed to modern consoles/Steam.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Wait what.

Side note: why on earth have they not ported Unleashed to modern consoles/Steam.

Yea him and Tim Miller worked on cutscenes for it and shadow the hedgehog game the previous year

On 4/18/2024 at 3:41 PM, misterpepp said:

But who is saying this will be the last film? The producers have made it clear they fully intend to keep going after this, and I doubt it's going to flop so bad to make them cancel everything.

And how does one even do no Maria death? Studios have done implied, and even non-graphic on-screen deaths by gunshot wounds and explosions in other PG-rated films (Spider-Verse, Big Hero 6, even the first Sonic movie had the implied deaths of a near-entire echidna tribe and the owl mom).

I'm certainly not trying to be rude or argumentative, but I think you're tremendously off-base on this. It's way riskier for the movie to veer into a wildly different direction with a character's origin story (Hell, the whole foundation of the character) than to just stick with it. Kids have played these games, they know the character, they know what's coming. The creatives might make some alterations, they might have it just be implied, but based on how they've been true to the source material so far, it's very likely going to happen.

I think you are generously overestimating the number of kids who have played Sonic Adventure 2.

1 hour ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I think you are generously overestimating the number of kids who have played Sonic Adventure 2.

They clearly like the character based on all the screaming they did in the theater at the end of the last one, so it’s fair to say that they probably know the backstory. I think my point still largely stands.

Shadow is definitely a bigger character than Tails and Knuckles. I don’t know how much his presence alone would move the needle, but if they’re banking on people’s nostalgia for Sonic Adventure 2, then that would be something to keep an eye on. 

Edited by WittyUsername