EmpireCity

Weekend Thread (2/25-27)

1 minute ago, snarkmachine said:

That seems waaaay too high for a 6m Friday? Could be under 20m 2nd weekend. 

Like I said, a strong Saturday ow bodies well for Sat this weekend. On the same calendar Sonic spun its 6.36 Fri into a 26.2 wknd (4.1x) off a 88% Sat increase.   

Uncharted also seems to be playing fairly kid/family so far, so I would expect at least 

6.5 from 6

11 minutes ago, Derby Legion said:

Like I said, a strong Saturday ow bodies well for Sat this weekend. On the same calendar Sonic spun its 6.36 Fri into a 26.2 wknd (4.1x) off a 88% Sat increase.   

Uncharted also seems to be playing fairly kid/family so far, so I would expect at least 

6.5 from 6

Hmmm didn’t know that about Sonic, you could be right

Edited by snarkmachine

Through the end of week 10, NWH is 53.2% of the market since it opened, with a lead of just 93M on the rest. This week it will earn ~ 7M and the rest of the market ~ 70M, so it will fall on Batman OD for sure after 77 days. Let's see if Batman can go 28+ -- seems like a good chance with the way March looks.

7 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Great jump for Dog. Guess it's playing more to the families than initially thought. 

They had those sensory-friendly screenings intended for autistic kids last week for Dog at my local theater. I get why they gave it to this film (what kid doesn't love dogs?), but having seen the movie, it's really not something that I think would be super exciting to young kids. But I guess I was proven wrong?

In Canada Dog only dropped 31% from last Friday (and that's including previews).

Uncharted roughly 55% drop (including previews).

Spoiler

Granted, I only have access to a large portion of Canadian numbers, not all.

• Like 2