Eric Lasagna

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

Just now, Steele131 said:

So Deadline just guessing right now?

Steele131, meet Deadline.  

Deadline, meet Steele131.  

Could they end up hitting the number?  Sure, but ComScore ain't fully up and is wonked the fuck out right now.  My guess is they are getting fed info from WB. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

They were.  It was stated plainly from NATO leadership on the NATO call and that they would decide in the next 24 hours.  They decided not to delay.  

They really need to change their name.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, excel1 said:

The perception of this film, if it does open to $110m, is that it is a rather large disappointment relative to the general expectation. That is the takeaway.

I mean if you read the article it doesn’t sound like it’s a disappointment at all, it’s all about perception and WB is coming off it’s hbomax year and this is their first full run movie so having the second largest pandemic opening is still a big deal. 

I do get what you’re saying though but in the grand scheme of things there’s such a small percentage of the population that actually cares about box office. All WB wants to see is what this makes in the end. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

Updated detail view:

splits Prev % 39.27%
TueWed $4,000,000  
Th $17,600,000  
True Fri $33,400,000 1.55
Sat $39,078,000 17.00%
Sun $27,745,380.00 -29.00%
Total $121,823,380.00 3.0007
    True IM ^

IM-> 5.639971296

Lol I’m happy with those numbers so I don’t care if people are having meltdowns. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just putting this here so people see what was said in the article. I Bolded the last part cause it’s basically confirming what @EmpireCity is saying imo, they’re basically guessing or just being fed some crumbs from WB. I’m not saying what the number will come in at cause I have no idea about this stuff, I’m terrible at these numbers. 

“Comscore is back online, with numbers trickling in and industry estimates are seeing at least $110M for The Batman over three days after what is expected to be a $55M Friday (including previews). The anticipation by many is that these numbers for the near-three hour movie should grow. 

• Like 5

Unlike some, I'm not gonna drown in copium. Anything under 120m is flat out bad. This is fucking Batman. How many times has he set the OW record again?

This means less hyped movies like Flash and Black Adam will be lucky to make 80 OW

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, DlAMONDZ said:

Unlike some, I'm not gonna drown in copium. Anything under 120m is flat out bad. This is fucking Batman. How many times has he set the OW record again?

This means less hyped movies like Flash and Black Adam will be lucky to make 80 OW

Batman has its massive peaks but fans have also shown their distaste in the past. This movies best situational comparison is Batman Begins having to recover from a severely damaging previous installment 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Just putting this here so people see what was said in the article. I Bolded the last part cause it’s basically confirming what @EmpireCity is saying imo, they’re basically guessing or just being fed some crumbs from WB. I’m not saying what the number will come in at cause I have no idea about this stuff, I’m terrible at these numbers. 

“Comscore is back online, with numbers trickling in and industry estimates are seeing at least $110M for The Batman over three days after what is expected to be a $55M Friday (including previews). The anticipation by many is that these numbers for the near-three hour movie should grow. 

Thanks for posting that.  I hadn't even read that, but there is no way they have any accurate data from ComScore at this point and it is very very likely that someone from WB is giving them some select numbers and a range.  The industry source for raw data has been down all day, so getting an article out first with numbers will get them the most attention and clicks.  

Again, they could be right, but it is a pure mostly blind guess.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Thanks for posting that.  I hadn't even read that, but there is no way they have any accurate data from ComScore at this point and it is very very likely that someone from WB is giving them some select numbers and a range.  The industry source for raw data has been down all day, so getting an article out first with numbers will get them the most attention and clicks.  

Again, they could be right, but it is a pure mostly blind guess.  

It would make sense for WB to feed them

those numbers then if it goes higher it looks even better for the movie. I’m not saying that’s happening of course and as you said the 55 could be right. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Your bitterness won’t change the fact that TSS was one of the worst releases of 2021 and TANKED 

Huh? When did I bring up TSS?

If you think I'm some sort of weirdo who picks sides and is boycotting The Batman or something, that's completely not the case. 

The Batman, along with The Northman, is my most anticipated movie of 2022. I haven't seen it yet, but I look forward to seeing it in the next few days, and hopefully multiple times if I like it as much as I hope

I'm personally just not on the Zoe Kravitz train. That's it. I think she's a tad annoying

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 1

Just now, snarkmachine said:

The climate was so ripe for Batman to break out. It should not be opening below Deadpool, an R-rated movie of a B-list superhero. It’s fucking Batman! You would be hard pressed to name stronger IP.

I mostly agree buts it’s coming off serious brand damage in the eyes of the general public

• Like 1