Eric Lasagna

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire | March 29, 2024 | They're boyfriends now

On 12/11/2023 at 7:49 PM, Brainbug said:

Main Trailer on YT surpassed 20M views, but at this point its clear that GxK will have far fever trailer views (atleast on YouTube) than GvK, though that was never the bar for success ofc, since GvK had a whole other world of circumstances around it. Its definetly an encouraging number and shows that interest is there.

The movie gets overshadowed right now because of Minus One's hype, but in the long run, the current overall Godzilla hype can only help this film. 

i think the problem with your analysis is that due social media  like twitter and tic toc people mostly watch theses trailers through these avenues now, also the trailer on YT has 600K+ likes indicating a great number of people who saw the trailer or interested in the movie 

1 hour ago, cooldude97 said:

I'm going to put this out in the wild and see if it's a Hot Take But:

GxK doesn't need to be a Good Godzilla Film To Be Well Received Or Do Well at the Box Office

It Needs To Be A Good Kong Film 

I kind of wish this was Kong 2. No Godzilla. Godzilla Minus 1 lurking around is going to make this look bad. I get it.. two different types of films. But still. 

1 hour ago, Veclozy said:

It's gonna be interesting to see if this can be as successful as GvK without the novelty of seeing Godzilla & King Kong together for the "first" time

Should be pretty easy without a day and date streaming release

On 12/29/2023 at 10:26 PM, cooldude97 said:

I'm going to put this out in the wild and see if it's a Hot Take But:

GxK doesn't need to be a Good Godzilla Film To Be Well Received Or Do Well at the Box Office

It Needs To Be A Good Kong Film 

No, it's true. Pains me to admit as a G fan but Kong is more popular domestically for sure.

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

No, it's true. Pains me to admit as a G fan but Kong is more popular domestically for sure.

Godzilla 2014 had a bigger OW than Kong 05 or Kong: Skull Island.

My prediction so far:

OW: $70M - $75M

DO: $170M - $185M

WW: $500M - $672M

I'm really optimistic for overseas idk why. I see this performing similar to the more recent Fast movies domestically which is a bit conservative atm.

• Like 1