CJohn

THE MORBIUS OPENING WEEKEND THREAD | #MORBIUSSWEEP #LETOSWEEP | SONY SWEEPS WITH 84M WW OW | 39.1M OW | 17.1M OD | 5.7M PREVIEWS

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

What is the budget for Dumbledore? 200M? No way that turns a profit just with a theatrical release. There is no hype anywhere. Ticket sales are bad.

The budget is 185 million. It'll do fine.

2 hours ago, Blankments said:

#MorbiusSweep

image.jpeg

"The filmmakers would like to gratefully acknowledge that the person responsible for Morbius is AVI ARAD. Any feedback on this film experience, characters, acting, or directing should be directed to AVI ARAD."

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

MORBIUS (2022)C

Don't get too excited, though...Day isn't over yet!

On 3/31/2022 at 5:40 PM, Eric Legion said:

For reference:

Fantastic Four 18% all C- 2.18x (summer)

Jonah Hex 20% all C+ 1.96x

Ghost Rider 2 31% all C+ 2.34x

Green Lantern 45% all B 2.19x (summer)

Max Steel 48% all B 1.75x

Hellboy 48% all audience C 1.82x

Dark Phoenix 56% all (64% verified) B- 2.0x (summer)

BvS 63% all B 1.99x

tried to get every 2010 and onward CBM that was critically panned, sub 70% audience, B or worse CS

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

MORBIUS (2022)C

Don't get too excited, though...Day isn't over yet!

This isn't on Cinemascore's website. Please don't spread misinformation like this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Poseidon said:

So while TLC might still do $100m, so far it's not looking to have one of those very special WOM-runs.

I was hoping for a huge comeback of the genre, but it looks like it's not quite the movie tht might make studios considering reacturing it from Netflix.

I just watched "The Royal Treatment" and gosh, it was quite awful tbh. Quality of those movies already seems to be dropping. Last years "He's all that" was just as horrible with a abysmal script and actors.

Not even Free Guy numbers? That movie had such an amazing run during covid times.

5 minutes ago, Eric the Living Vampire said:

This isn't on Cinemascore's website. Please don't spread misinformation like this.

Sorry. I thought the joke was obvious ( April 1st ). That's why I said day wasn't over yet. :)

Let's just wait for the official one, then.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 3

Sat/true fri, selected moves:

FF15 -0% (summer)

Green lanterns -7.5% (summer)

Hellboy +19%

Dark Phoenix +20% (summer, by far the most preview deflated true fri here)

Ticketwise Morbius previews are a really close match to DP. That had a 6.6 IM but with trueFr less than 2x previews. Not sure Morbius will be quite that bad since it was schoolday th.   

Wih the sporting event I’m guessing a true IM of around 2.9. If Fri is 2x Th that would be 6.8 IM for 38.8

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Sorry. I thought the joke was obvious ( April 1st ). That's why I said day wasn't over yet. :)

We get plenty of fake cinemascore posts even when it isn’t April Fools, I feel silly for not double checking more than truly misled.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I mean I knew it was an April Fools joke, but it didn't seem like it translated to others. Of course I'm super jaded and think April Fools Day is a disease, so don't take my thoughts too seriously I suppose

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eric the Living Vampire said:

I mean I knew it was an April Fools joke, but it didn't seem like it translated to others. Of course I'm super jaded and think Timothee Chalamet is a disease, so don't take my thoughts too seriously I suppose

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Eric the Living Vampire said:

I mean I knew it was an April Fools joke, but it didn't seem like it translated to others. Of course I'm super jaded and think April Fools Day is a disease, so don't take my thoughts too seriously I suppose

• Junior Admin
  • team_admin.png

is-this-a-trap-are-you-trying-to-trick-m

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 3