CJohn

THE MORBIUS OPENING WEEKEND THREAD | #MORBIUSSWEEP #LETOSWEEP | SONY SWEEPS WITH 84M WW OW | 39.1M OW | 17.1M OD | 5.7M PREVIEWS

47 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

What do you guys think Sonic 2 will finish with domestically? I'm thinking 175m

i could see 200m+ if word of mouth is as positive as the first or close too (an A or A- On cinemascore) it or "the bad guys" underpreform supre hard

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Hellboy 2019 also failed to have a 2x multiplier, even though it opened with a much smaller number. Might not be a rule, then.

Hellboy lost 2/3 of its screens on its third weekend, due to Endgame. That same weekend it had a 91% drop.

8 hours ago, Grebacio said:

We got a lot of B.S. this weekend: Fairly Odd Parents live action, Morbius and The Bubble

I gave the former a look this weekend, watching a few episodes with my younger cousin. Not as bad as I thought but still bad. Doesn’t work for a lot of reasons especially the switch to live action, the animation is ugly and some character choices like Vicky thirsty for the Crock(er) but otherwise it’s a usual kids’ live action sitcom and it did its job at entertaining kids. So now, before my timeline was bombarded with the Vicky x Crocker stuff, I’ll just go back to ignoring it’s existence. Just wish Paramount would let this brand die in peace like it should have in 2006.

Edited by YourMother

Sonic dropped from the first's OW here. Expected since families simply haven't showed up in droves unlike before the pandemic.

Morbius led the weekend with a strong opening, above Black Widow and Shang-Chi, but below Eternals.

19 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Will The Lost City doing well get more room coms made? Maybe. But it won’t keep the ones that already had release dates in cinemas. Sad! 

Why are they doin JLo romcoms this dirty?

• Sad 1