YM!

April 8th-10th Weekend Thread | $72m OW Sonic 2, biggest Paramount opener since 2014, $8.69m OW for AmbuLAnce, $6m+ for EEAAO

30 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Monsters vs Aliens hit 60m? wild lol

First ever true IMAX movie I watched. The 3D was really really good. MvA, Transformers 2 and Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol made me an IMAX believer. Watched TDK in IMAX when it played in a special engagement before Inception, was not living in the same city as what was then India's only IMAX screen when it came out originally.

5 hours ago, cannastop said:

I wanted to see if Turning Red would do $300 million dom but we'll never know now...

I think Turning Red would have been too controversial for parents with younger kids to gross $300m tbh.

4 minutes ago, Kalo said:

I think Turning Red would have been too controversial for parents with younger kids to gross $300m tbh.

Being controversial didn't stop it of breaking records on Disney+ 

This is just online noise with small parts of media agreeing, if it gets released on theaters i doubt this would hurt it.

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Being controversial didn't stop it of breaking records on Disney+ 

This is just online noise with small parts of media agreeing, if it gets released on theaters i doubt this would hurt it.

Of course it did. parents didn't have to take their kids to see it (I liked the film btw, but I told some of my sister's about it who are much more conservative than me and actually have little kids and they thought it was crazy that they talked about periods in a kids movie.)

I'm just not sure it would have grossed $300m. if it were released in theaters. for several factors. probably would have done $200m though.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

22 minutes ago, Kalo said:

The idea that a movie about teen girls going through the “facts of life” is controversial is insane to me.

I get conservatives are conservative. But I think there’s another word for it too!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Don't necessarily want to turn this into a TR discourse thread, but I will just note that 300 is A LOT contextually. We are talking more than triple encanto, almost double sing 2, like 80% of Batman. I don't see anything in the online reception, Nielsen nums, overseas nums and reception, etc etc to suggest it would have been anywhere even close to that 

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Lunacy? 

Close. Sexism. 

I mean how many movies have there been about prepubescent boys Being gross? And that’s totally fine. Nothing to freak out about it all.

Maybe if we taught people to treat tween/teenage girls like people They wouldn’t be so concerned about a period.

The Simpsons Burn Bridge GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2