YM!

April 22-24th Weekend thread | Northman conquers $5m Friday, Mr. Wolf’s fine ass and The Bad Guys steal $8m, and Unbearable Talent has an unbearable start at $3m

It's weird that I keep seeing The Northman sold as "Oscar winner Nicole Kidman's new movie." Love me some NK but isn't her role minor? And her box office track record is spotty to put it kindly. 

Edited by Flopped

16 minutes ago, Flopped said:

It's weird that I keep seeing The Northman sold as "Oscar winner Nicole Kidman's new movie." Love me some NK but isn't her role minor? And her box office track record is spotty to put it kindly. 

It's basically a background role except for like two scenes.

Seems like all three openers are headed for acceptable numbers for the entire weekend. The Bad Guys hitting $20M+ would be a nice surprise and prove that there's still an audience for animated movies. Bodes well for Lightyear in two months.

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Nice number for The Northman. Double digits basically confirmed.

Now let's see word of mouth. I loved it, but my theater had many walkouts. 

I predict CinemaScore being a C+ or lower. 

Verified Score stand at 77% right now, which is not good but also not awful (for reference, TGK had 63% at the same point). I expect a B-/B

• Like 2