Eric Prime

Cinemacon 2022 Discussion Thread

More of the same, eh? Not sure that is what I want after 13 years of wait. I am not liking the sound of this whole kid Navis thing..you needed to show some action scenes or set pieces rather than more of the same with kiddos ...also not a fan of the title. Such stupid sounding titles have flopped at box office. Avatar 2 would have been fine. Anyways, u expected some earth shattering mind blowing footage ...alas James has failed.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, filmlover said:

So no footage or news for Strange World huh? It's on the schedule pictured within so clearly not a D+ pivot. Guess they're going to wait until they officially begin marketing it ($5 the first trailer premieres in time for Lightyear).

I mean that’s obvious, even if it becomes a D+ pivot.

So, i have a confession to make. I've never watched Avatar. I just saw bits and pieces. But isn't the action taking place on Pandora (?) now? Will this movie be animated? It's hard to make an animation movie look different and impressive

Edited by Maggie

Fairly lightweight showing from Disney. Expected, since their heavy hitters are either spoilerphobes or have a themed event coming up the very next month.

Avatar 2 finally being an actual thing is surreal. I knew it would be attached to Dr. Strange 2. Is it going to play before or after that movie?

9 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

More of the same, eh? Not sure that is what I want after 13 years of wait. I am not liking the sound of this whole kid Navis thing..you needed to show some action scenes or set pieces rather than more of the same with kiddos ...also not a fan of the title. Such stupid sounding titles have flopped at box office. Avatar 2 would have been fine. Anyways, u expected some earth shattering mind blowing footage ...alas James has failed.

im an out-of-control avatar shill but youre right, at least for the first teaser its a failure

Thankfully the responses to the 20 min preview seem a lot more enthusiastic, that's where the mind blowing comments come from

Edit: reactions from others seem a lot more positive

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

6 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

bunch of little kid navi running around

our greatest fears are coming true

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

audiences all over the globe can't wait to see jake sully's new haircut.

Yeah to all this. After 13 years, we deserve more than new haircut, bunch of kids and the same location but wider shots. 

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

im an out-of-control avatar shill but youre right, at least for the first teaser its a failure

Thankfully the responses to the 20 min preview seem a lot more enthusiastic 

They really need to do a 20 minute footage preview for this in select IMAX/PLF screens worldwide just like they did for the first Avatar. 

It's a teaser after 13 years, making it looking familiar to the audience sounds about right to me. 

I mean, they want people to remember Pandora afterall. Showing radically different environments wouldn't be such a great idea now.

And honestly the reactions are great, everyone is saying it's astonishing beautiful. They can save a trailer with lots of action and plot explanations for later.

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

So no footage or news for Strange World huh? It's on the schedule pictured within so clearly not a D+ pivot. Guess they're going to wait until they officially begin marketing it ($5 the first trailer premieres in time for Lightyear).

Disney's CinemaCon presence is always pretty light, especially when it's a D23 year. We'll get a trailer timed to Lightyear, more details at D23, one more trailer in September, and call it a day.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It's a teaser after 13 years, making it looking familiar to the audience sounds about right to me. 

I mean, they want people to remember Pandora afterall. Showing radically different environments wouldn't be such a great idea now.

And honestly the reactions are great, everyone is saying it's astonishing beautiful. They can save a trailer with lots of action and plot explanations for later.

But who is everyone? I want to read reactions. :)

Edited by Valonqar