Eric Prime

Weekend Thread (4/29-5/2) | Our Annual Late April Calm Before the Storm

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

The IMAX preview screenings in the UK this Wednesday are selling quite well at my local, and evening screenings on the proper opening day on the 13th also seem to be doing decently at the cinemas that it’s currently on sale at, so I wouldn’t rule out a breakout if WOM is good and it can hold up in the shadow of DS2.

I missed the announcement of the unlimited screenings so thank you very much for mentioning this!! Just got 4 tickets, can’t wait!

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I missed the announcement of the unlimited screenings so thank you very much for mentioning this!! Just got 4 tickets, can’t wait!

You’re welcome! I don’t think the IMAX showings are Unlimited screenings, they’re open to all. I’d be at one of them myself but my partner made me promise not to watch it without her, so I’m having to wait until the 13th. The wait is killing me! 

I believe the Daniels will be making appearances at the London IMAX’s. Cineworld Leicester Square gets an intro and the BFI IMAX gets a post screening Q&A.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I disagree. Context matters: This is the trajectory of the franchise:

FB1: 814M --> FB2: 655M --> FB3: 370-400M.

If i would be WB, i woundt be happy about this.

i’m saying IF US and U.K. had performed better we’d be talking closer to $500 million. Which, taking China out of the equation who were significant participants in the first two films’ grosses, wouldn’t have been too shabby at all. 

2 hours ago, wildphantom said:

i’m saying IF US and U.K. had performed better we’d be talking closer to $500 million. Which, taking China out of the equation who were significant participants in the first two films’ grosses, wouldn’t have been too shabby at all. 

"If two of the biggest markets had performed better, the film would have performed better." 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Caught Everything Everywhere All at Once today. Around 15 or so attendees in an 80 seater. The first of the three parts was the most enjoyable although the other two were still very solid. Yeoh was indeed terrific as the film has more creativity packed into it than at least five or six movies combined. Dr. Strange definitely will have his work cut out for him if he wants to headline the best multiverse movie of the year.

11 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

"If two of the biggest markets had performed better, the film would have performed better." 

indeed. Two markets let it down. 
a disappointment for sure, but relative to every market it’s not a total disaster. 

it actually could have done much worse if the holds from CoW hadn’t been decent in the majority of markets.  I don’t know wtf happened in the U.K. 

On 5/1/2022 at 11:01 PM, Felandria said:

On the one hand, it will hit P+ after next weekend, but on the other, it’s certainly going to get paired with Top Gun in the drive ins and Memorial Day is a strong drive in weekend.

meanwhile, EEAAO could have a strong hold as the likely backup choice if Strange is sold out.

We will see if both EEAO and TLK offer a good counterprogramming next Mother' day week when DS2 debut, or if there are no chance to counter anything that open above 150m.