Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

Just now, EmpireCity said:

See??  I told you guys yesterday people just need to get laid!!

What lack of numbers does to people fr fr.

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Wow, minorities are carrying the MCU.

66% of the audience. 

I am curious about this. Is this same for almost all the MCU movies or is it even more skewed for DS2? I am surprised to see that its only 33% Caucasian

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Wow, minorities are carrying the MCU.

66% of the audience. 

This is what gets me with MCU audience hate lol. I'm Arab & Black (And italian but that's besides my main point here) and let me tell you, the MCU just connects with minority audiences. Still don't think people get how big of a deal Black Panther was for the black community.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

I am curious about this. Is this same for almost all the MCU movies or is it even more skewed for DS2? I am surprised to see that its only 33% Caucasian

They vary - Eternals skewed much more Caucasian, but it had 1/2 as much total audience OW, so it seems the Caucasian base is more steady and the minority base rises and falls with the movie interest...from Deadline...

"Other stats on Eternals: updated demos through Saturday were 61% males, 39% females, 55% between 18-34 and 53% under 25. General audience diversity make-up per PostTrak was 51% Caucasian, 23% Hispanic and Latino, 13% African American and 9% Asian. General audience made up 85% of the pic’s business while parents and kids under 12 combined were 15%. Overall 3 1/2 stars and 78% positive, with a 60% definite recommend — not Marvel’s finest moment." 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

See??  I told you guys yesterday people just need to get laid!!

Not sure if ppl getting laid is a leading or trailing indicator.  Could be frontloaded so to speak.

• Haha 1

Just got back from DS2, I thought it was decent. I’d definitely rate it behind No Way Home or Shang Chi from last year. There is some serious pacing issues in the 2nd act. Also, the script issue was pretty noticeable too. Decent crowd pleaser, one moment got a Endgame/No Way home type of cheer.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Blankments said:

if we're talking about marvel hotties i'm in love with may calamawy she is the dream

may-calamawy-1.jpg

maycalamawy-1184-kevin-scanlon-165047443kGrmDOY.png

wa wa wee wa

Has little to do with the weekend.  but i can relate.

• Like 1

Thor: Ragnarok contains the most baddies. Like it's impossible for me to follow or pay attention to the plot, when Hemsy/Hiddleston/Blanchett/Thompson/Ruffalo/Goldblum are looking the sexiest they've ever been. I just drool on impact. Taika makes his Thor movies for the Bis and I love him for it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Asian and Black demo for this movie seems about the same as most blockbusters to me. Seems like a larger than usual number of latinos turned up tho.

We Latinos, love the MCU and specifically Benedict Cumberbatch.

No I don't know, maybe America Chavez had something to do with that? It's not like she was marketed all that much though. Latinos go a lot to the movies in general and maybe there hasn't been a blockbuster in a while?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

You play mtg???

So so much. It is my primary hobby, BO is #2.   

The Caleb Gannon cube is better than I expected, love vintage cube.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

We Latinos, love the MCU and specifically Benedict Cumberbatch.

No I don't know, maybe America Chavez had something to do with that? It's not like she was marketed all that much though. Latinos go a lot to the movies in general and maybe there hasn't been a blockbuster in a while?

If Latinos showed up for this movie because of C tier comic book latina character America Chavez being played by unknown latina actress Xochitl Gomez, then Sony made the right move by having Z lister El Muerto being played by extremely famous reggaeton artist Bunny Rabbit - or whatever his name is. I just know dude has multiple videos with billion+ views on youtube. Even I know the beat to some of his songs.