Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

12 minutes ago, Maggie said:

This!!! 

Another thing, i'm starting to think some of the critics are being bought, not necessarly with money, but perks. And i'm talking about the "critics/fanboys" who get to see the movies first. How can they give this movie such high ratings? Thankfully some late critics even out the score.

I'm expecting bad reviews for Top Gun 2 too. Scott Mendelson gave Strange a 6/10 and he hated TG 2. You may hate him, but he's usually fair. Nostalgia will get it a good OW, but imo movie will be trash and sink on second weekend. I said what i said!

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading your posts.  

Mendelson isn't "fair", he just sucks and happens to be the first dork that got in when Forbes turned into a blogger site.  

You're expecting bad reviews for Top Gun 2?  You're going to be very disappointed.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Lol.  The vast majority are fine to happy with it.  

EC, i think you dont understand.

My opinion = Everyones opinion.

Thats how it works :qotd:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 2
  • Disbelief 1

I wouldn't take 2021 too seriously as a representation of MCU's decline.

Those were Marvel Studios C/D tier during covid restrictions.

They still have Spider-man, Dr Strange, Thor, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Ant-Man (and eventually Deadpool, X-men and Fantastic Four).

How many successful film series do other franchises have?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, dobrevvselena said:

unpopular opinion but I thought MoM was best movie so far in phase 4

its my best movie  too. but tbf the competition aint that good. in terms of all phase 4 content moon knight is no.1

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I’m curious on how Lightyear does. It should well but I got a gut feeling it’ll underperform a bit, like more in line with say $250m-ish than $300m+.

Why?  It's wonderful, at least the first 30 minutes.  

Are a lot of people here coming off a bad high or did your significant other start cheating on you last night?  The rampant negativity in this thread for a TWO HUNDRED FUCKING MILLION DOLLAR OPENING not long after theaters were declared dead is just silly.  

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

Marvel Studios office right now reading the thread while counting Doctor Stranges' dollars, having just finished counting No Way Home's dollars and already preparing to count Thor 4's and Black Panther 2's dollars:

money-crying.gif

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

Just now, grey ghost said:

I wouldn't take 2021 too seriously as a representation of MCU's decline.

Those were Marvel Studios C/D tier during covid restrictions.

They still have Spider-man, Dr Strange, Thor, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Ant-Man (and eventually Deadpool, X-men and Fantastic Four).

How many successful film series do other franchises have?

sure eternals and BW Didnt do great financially due to their circumstances and time of release but mcu is still bringing in money. the major complaints on phase 4 has been the decline in the quality of the content. 

8 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Why?  It's wonderful, at least the first 30 minutes.  

I trust the reports and this is very much going off gut but I think it’ll act more like Lego Batman did to Lego Movie in terms of drop which gives it a range of 290m-ish (also I think Gru will cut a bit into the legs like DM2 and Monsters University, or Pets with Dory’s climb to 500m). I feel like it’ll skew more adult and male due to the action based nature and question if some audiences will take the premise as serious. But Pixar is Pixar.

Edited by YourMother

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Are a lot of people here coming off a bad high or did your significant other start cheating on you last night?  The rampant negativity in this thread for a TWO HUNDRED FUCKING MILLION DOLLAR OPENING not long after theaters were declared dead is just silly.  

I'm out of likes but this, so this.

There are some truly awful takes in here these last few pages. People living in a bubble. Anyone saying Marvel should worry about anything right now regarding phase 4 are taking crazy pills. They will likely open 2 movies in a row with above $200M, maybe even a third (who knows if Thor can do it) and yet this is worrisome? What the hell. Are we not on a BO forum? How can you see this and think alarm bells?

They also have GOTG coming out next year that is 100% guaranteed an enormous hit.

Eternals was a huge disappointment BO-wise and yet it seems to have made zero hit whatsoever to the franchise. 

Doesn't mean you're no longer on board with what they're doing that suddenly it applies to everyone on the planet, or that it somehow changes how BO numbers work. This is a massive, massive success no matter how you slice it.

edit: And they're not even Avengers movies! It's not like they've used their real biggest gun yet lmao

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Can't believe you think JW:FK is not a good movie, because everyone opinion is like that. 

Hey, i never said that Fallen Kingdom was loved by everyone. I realized from the start how stupid the movie was despite my undying love for it that stilly carrys on to this day.

God, both Jurassic World and FK are so amazing, i love them.

My cat, Shadow sticking his paw in a coffee mug and then sipping it is no longer than crazier thing I’ve seen this morning as a 190m-200m+ opening is being viewed as a disappointment lol.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Are people comparing DS2 to something like TLJ from Star Wars?

Cause they're audience rating on rotten tomatoes couldn't be more different. 88% (DS2) vs 42% (TLJ).

The MCU  is doing fine.

I mean I wish MoM was as good as TLJ but still pretty solid.

What the hell with all the meltdown? Missing 200m isn’t a perfect situation but neither it is bad, not to mention marvel film tend to have gigantic Saturday. DS2 singly lifting the entire NA box office market beating china, becoming top market in the world again, I can’t say that is disappointing result.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I'm out of likes but this, so this.

There are some truly awful takes in here these last few pages. People living in a bubble. Anyone saying Marvel should worry about anything right now regarding phase 4 are taking crazy pills. They will likely open 2 movies in a row with above $200M, maybe even a third (who knows if Thor can do it) and yet this is worrisome? What the hell. Are we not on a BO forum? How can you see this and think alarm bells?

They also have GOTG coming out next year that is 100% guaranteed an enormous hit.

Eternals was a huge disappointment BO-wise and yet it seems to have made zero hit whatsoever to the franchise. 

Doesn't mean you're no longer on board with what they're doing that suddenly it applies to everyone on the planet, or that it somehow changes how BO numbers work. This is a massive, massive success no matter how you slice it.

Marvel should worry if movies are getting B+ cinema scores. Thor 4 will be next I guarantee it.

1 minute ago, joe liviig said:

sure eternals and BW Didnt do great financially due to their circumstances and time of release but mcu is still bringing in money. the major complaints on phase 4 has been the decline in the quality of the content. 

It took the Infinity War Saga a while to hit it's stride.

When The Avengers came out the MCU became popular. But Phase 3 is when things went into high gear.

So again, I'm not worried. A slow start is normal for an MCU Saga.

5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

yeah it’s staggering. We’ve gone from ‘the movies are dead’ to people complaining about Strange not getting a NWH style ecstatic reaction, despite a $200 million OW. Lol. 

Truth is it’s rare that a mega blockbuster opening is wildly acclaimed by everybody. Always has been.  What we have here is a tremendous kick start to a much more ‘business as usual’ looking summer. 

Anything close to $200 million for MoM is absolutely amazing. 

• Like 2