Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yes, but Top Gun is outselling it by a country mile. Makes sense given it’s the one closer to release, but still...

Dominion beating FK 30+ days from release is great. Considering we have grand total of 18 fans in entire fandom.

• Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

That's just mean :(

Dinosaurs are cool dude 🥲. We have plenty of dino lovers

They are cool, but how many exactly think like that. We have less fandom than Fast & Furious 😕😕

Top Gun is cool action movie with nostalgia and patriotism with cool looking action star.

We have to wait for kids and families to wake up to hear good news at box office.

If you have an online poll you know which will win.

3 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

They are cool, but how many exactly think like that. We have less fandom than Fast & Furious 😕😕

Top Gun is cool action movie with nostalgia and patriotism with cool looking action star.

We have to wait for kids and families to wake up to hear good news at box office.

If you have an online poll you know which will win.

Why do our movies keep grossing more? Domestically and globally? 

Why got youtube channels dedicated to Jurassic Park whether it be gaming, toy channels, or just movie lore/hype channels. Our fans are at least I feel more dedicated. As a paleontology major I know an entire community of up in coming scientists just chomping at the bit for this film to come out.

• Like 2

360 off 190 OW means its legs would be worse than Morbius. Would be interesting if that happened to say the least.

On a side note - and I may be completely misreading things and be way wrong here - but some friends and family were sharing how aghast they were that this movie was not suitable for kids. Whether we like it or not parents are used to taking the kiddies to watch Mahvel as they considered the usual PG-13 in their movies to be okay. Something like Avengers, Iron Man, Spider-Man, etc.

Not so much lately. Between this, Moon Knight, the more mature tone of Eternals (which included MCU's first on screen sex scene where John Snow plowed Gemma Chan), and more to come including rated R Deadpool I feel like Marvel should have Marvel Knights/Marvel MAX logo and branding for such projects, whether they are rated R or hard edge PG-13. Iger had touched on this before when he was CEO but they need to make sure and crystal clear when the branding is okay for families and when it's not. They have not done a good job with that so far and their most recent projects suggests to me that they should.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Why do our movies keep grossing more? Domestically and globally? 

Because at the end of the day - Dinosaurs Rule..!!

😎😎

It's just that i was pointing out bit low Amount of social media activities compared to likes of Super heroes, Fast Cars, Spaceships and Patriotism. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Well I guess if SUN drops around 25%, may hit 375-400.

Part of me hopes it doesn't pass the Batman's domestic for comedy's sake. But the summer movie season is better off if it does well with a strong multiplier so I am reaching 400M+ 

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Well I guess if SUN drops around 25%, may hit 375-400.

Why so low, 400 should be done, it's not like it's hated.

Maybe it's divisive, maybe many people will feel it doesn't justify it's hype, maybe it lacks the MADNESS that was promised, it got a B+ Cinemascore

But nothing worth hating.

6 minutes ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

360 off 190 OW means its legs would be worse than Morbius. Would be interesting if that happened to say the least.

On a side note - and I may be completely misreading things and be way wrong here - but some friends and family were sharing how aghast they were that this movie was not suitable for kids. Whether we like it or not parents are used to taking the kiddies to watch Mahvel as they considered the usual PG-13 in their movies to be okay. Something like Avengers, Iron Man, Spider-Man, etc.

Not so much lately. Between this, Moon Knight, the more mature tone of Eternals (which included MCU's first on screen sex scene where John Snow plowed Gemma Chan), and more to come including rated R Deadpool I feel like Marvel should have Marvel Knights/Marvel MAX logo and branding for such projects, whether they are rated R or hard edge PG-13. Iger had touched on this before when he was CEO but they need to make sure and crystal clear when the branding is okay for families and when it's not. They have not done a good job with that so far and their most recent projects suggests to me that they should.

Honestly I like the new diversity in tone, as it kept MoM from feeling as formulaic as one would expect and to me at least made a better movie because of it.

2 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Mmm I don't really see a less than 2.2x happening? Or am I missing something

You are missing nothing, just a bunch of haters who believe and desire it to have Morbius legs from here on. It's funny because not stellar WOM has never stopped Marvel to push multipliers well above 2x with every damn movie

In other words, classical overractions from this forum every weekend, mostly from new members...

There is no way 400m domestic is not happening. Come on. Let's be realistic here.

Even Captain Marvel did that with more competition.

IP sells and DS2 has 0 competiton for the next 3 weeks.

12 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Honestly I like the new diversity in tone, as it kept MoM from feeling as formulaic as one would expect and to me at least made a better movie because of it.

Don't get me wrong, I love the diversity. Even something that is clearly not for me and I won't watch (i.e. Ms Marvel) is a welcome change of pace and it'll be rated PG.

I just think that for projects that are more adult theme or have themes that are not suitable for kids then Marvel and Disney should take it on themselves to make that branding and logo clear. Disney doesn't allow cigars and cigarettes in their PG-13 movies even if it's allowed by the MPAA, so that's nothing new for them. Marvel also has had Marvel MAX branding in comics and Marvel Knights logo for a couple of movies.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

There is no way 400m domestic is not happening. Come on. Let's be realistic here.

CM had Endgame boost...why do people always forget this.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

It will do atleast 2.5x

• Like 1
  • Haha 2