Eric Prime

TOP GUN MAVERICK/MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND THREAD | 126.7M 3-Day, 160.5M 4-Day. The biggest Memorial Day opening ever! | Doctor Strange 20.5M 4-Day, Bob's Burgers 14.8M

2 minutes ago, Eric Belcher said:

My mom and I were HOWLING when that stupid trailer aired. Creepy smiles will never be scary Hollywood. Don’t bother!

I beg to differ.

Spoiler

28148fca1dd12f434e192adc3df9aa06--disney

24 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

What are you watching - I haven't gotten that trailer at Cinemark yet, and that includes Top Gun Maverick (and Bad Guys, and Sonic)...

I’ve gotten it at The Batman, Ambulance, Unbearable Weight, Northman, Men, and Bob’s Burgers. That and Nope are the two trailers I am getting for EVERYTHING. I’m just praying for them to get new trailers soon, because I am so sick of “well that’s a shit deal” and “did you know the first movie was a two-second loop of a Black man on a horse?”

• Like 3

Just because Maverick used very little CGI doesn't mean that studios are going to abandon CGI in favour of practical effects and real stunts. There are some things that simply aren't achievable using practical effects or real stunts so CGI will always have a use in filmmaking. 

5 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

One person yelled a very loud "NO" at that trailer lol.

3 minutes ago, Eric Belcher said:

My mom and I were HOWLING when that stupid trailer aired. Creepy smiles will never be scary Hollywood. Don’t bother!

Someone obviously saw IT Chapter 2 and thought it would be fun to make a whole movie around the frozen old lady.

It: 5 Things Chapter Two Got Right (& 5 It Got Wrong)

28 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

What are you watching - I haven't gotten that trailer at Cinemark yet, and that includes Top Gun Maverick (and Bad Guys, and Sonic)...

I got Bullet Train before Top Gun Maverick (the trailer wasn’t as good, violence mostly cut out of it). 

Had it before Morbius & Ambulance too I think. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Belcher said:

I’ve gotten it at The Batman, Ambulance, Unbearable Weight, Northman, Men, and Bob’s Burgers. That and Nope are the two trailers I am getting for EVERYTHING. I’m just praying for them to get new trailers soon, because I am so sick of “well that’s a shit deal” and “did you know the first movie was a two-second loop of a Black man on a horse?”

It's because studios really don't have a whole lot to promote due to the already-discussed limited amount of releases coming up, that's why it's the same 5-6 trailers before everything. All of Jurassic World, Lightyear, and Elvis have also been shown before the last few movies I've seen, as was Top Gun until it opened.

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Was it this? 😂

September 30th. Paramount kept that quiet, until now obviously. 

Yeah, it was. A longer (45 seconds or so) version of the scene with the smiling guy though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's because studios really don't have a whole lot to promote due to the already-discussed limited amount of releases coming up, that's why it's the same 5-6 trailers before everything. All of Jurassic World, Lightyear, and Elvis have also been shown before the last few movies I've seen, as was Top Gun until it opened.

I agree - my Cinemark has started doing 3 trailers - then 2-3 FRICKIN commercials - then 2 final trailers...

I have had the Crawdads one many times, which needs a new name, even if it is based on the book title...and I got that horrific Smile one at TGM (where my kids loudly said "Joker")...

For the record, I got Smile, Hustle (I think - it was the Netflix basketball movie and the title wasn't obvious), Jurassic, Elvis, commercials, and then MI 7 Pt 1...

Edited by TwoMisfits

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I agree - my Cinemark has started doing 3 trailers - then 2-3 FRICKIN commercials - then 2 final trailers...

I have had the Crawdads one many times, which needs a new name, even if it is based on the book title...and I got that horrific Smile one at TGM (where my kids loudly said "Joker")...

Regal is doing the same thing! They've been adding a random Airbnb commercial in the middle of the trailers and I have no clue why. Do these theater chains know people hate seeing too many trailers and commercials?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

For the record, I got Smile, Hustle (I think - it was the Netflix basketball movie and the title wasn't obvious), Jurassic, Elvis, commercials, and then MI 7 Pt 1...

Luckily studios are likely about to start promoting their fall/holiday releases soon (pretty much a no-brainer that Disney will be premiering the first trailer for Strange World before Lightyear or that Universal will begin marketing Halloween Ends in time for The Black Phone) so there should be some diversity among the trailer placements soon.

4 minutes ago, Eric Belcher said:

Regal is doing the same thing! They've been adding a random Airbnb commercial in the middle of the trailers and I have no clue why. Do these theater chains know people hate seeing too many trailers and commercials?

I now know that once the one commercial comes, there will be 2, so I use the commercials as my "duck out for bathroom break" time:)...I now no longer miss any trailers or any part of the movie!

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Is this mad to anyone else? I would have thought they'd have loads of content ready to go like 'back with a bang' sort of thing. 

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Luckily studios are likely about to start promoting their fall/holiday releases soon (pretty much a no-brainer that Disney will be premiering the first trailer for Strange World before Lightyear or that Universal will begin marketing Halloween Ends in time for The Black Phone) so there should be some diversity among the trailer placements soon.

I wonder if we’ll get Haunted Mansion with Lightyear following the November trailer/March teaser pattern that Disney normally does.

Ambulance had three editors. No wonder! Each one would have had to go into rehab for the amount of work they had to do for that movie.

It is Michael Bay on extra steroids.  Actually really enjoyed it. The most over-produced movie for what it was I think I’ve ever seen. But that ambition in the insanity and way it was put together - mind blowing.  People think Tom Cruise is crazy?! Bay is an absolute mad man. 

I wonder if the Black Adam trailer will be attached to Elvis or will they wait until the release of Thor: Love and Thunder? Given Disney will likely attach Black Panther: Wakanda Forever with Thor, I think WB will likely debut the BA trailer earlier.

7 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Is this mad to anyone else? I would have thought they'd have loads of content ready to go like 'back with a bang' sort of thing. 

If you have Jurassic World Dominion among your trailers, you dont need any extra content.

Bigger than the biggest of bangs isnt possible.

• Haha 1