IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune first 2024 blockbuster (3mil admissions)

Those numbers are worthless overall. You shouldn't read too much into those, they are very lose based on reserved seats only. Too many factors there to make real numbers out of those, but Deadpool should be easily over 100k incl. Previews.

Edit: Mh, actually, he has a very good record the last couple of weeks. He's pretty much spot on on many occasions, so maybe he got much better in the last couple of years, where I completely ingnored those numbers.

Edited by Poseidon

49 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Those numbers are worthless overall. You shouldn't read too much into those, they are very lose based on reserved seats only. Too many factors there to make real numbers out of those, but Deadpool should be easily over 100k incl. Previews.

Edit: Mh, actually, he has a very good record the last couple of weeks. He's pretty much spot on on many occasions, so maybe he got much better in the last couple of years, where I completely ingnored those numbers.

As I said, I wouldn't have blind faith in them ;). For example, when it comes to front-loaded films and/or action films these estimates are almost perfect but not so much for family-driven weekend films.
I always look if svenchens numbers rather coincide with the South-West reports and some others and the booking numbers I can see.

I would say the Deadpool numbers and the numbers for Dirty Grandpa look too good in my view but I see a similar trend.

First trewnd from insidekino:

#1: Deadpool - 600k admissions (omg this one is giving MCU movies a run for their money)

#2: DirtyGrandpa - 250k

#3: WildKerle6 - 200k (drops harder than I hoped from previous entries)

#4/5: H8 and B&T3 with 175k each

Sisters opens to about 100k, got shortchanged by the other releases but 3 new entries in the Top3 is incredible enough for the openers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IndustriousAngel said:

First trewnd from insidekino:

#1: Deadpool - 600k admissions (omg this one is giving MCU movies a run for their money)

#2: DirtyGrandpa - 250k

#3: WildKerle6 - 200k (drops harder than I hoped from previous entries)

#4/5: H8 and B&T3 with 175k each

Sisters opens to about 100k, got shortchanged by the other releases but 3 new entries in the Top3 is incredible enough for the openers!

Too much for the openers...

I see drops for the next trend.

46 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Too much for the openers...

I see drops for the next trend.

Why you think so? Mark is giving Deadpool an IM of only 5 and Sunday is already looking huge.
And for the other openers, he's giving an IM of around 7.

Last Year, we had:

Spongebob: 6,4
Traumfrauen: 7,6
Into the woods: 7.1

And that was without VD. So I think, it might even go up.

• Like 2

Second trend per insidekino:

#1 Deadpool 650k

#2 Dirty Grandpa 250k

#3 Die Wilden Kerle 6 200k

#4 and #5 B+T 3 and Hateful 8 with 175k each

followed by a bunch of movies at 125k

Deadpool up by 50k, the rest didn't really move.

Of the movies that didn't get mentioned in the first trend: Tschiller and Star Wars both at 65k. The latter once again follows the LOTR movies for the weekend, which had about 66k and a bit below 60k. Should be past 8.8 million after the weekend.

http://www.insidekino.com/News.htm

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 5

It's on its way to beat quite a lot of far more well-known superheros, I guess the different approach does help with that, seeing how superhero-movies have never been all that big here. I think over the last ten years only Dark Knight Rises and Spiderman 3 made it past 3 million admissions in total, and barely at that.

Avengers 1 had 870K admissions on its first weekend. This will be only about 100K behind and it is FSK16! (If it won't go down of course, but it doesn't seem like it would)

This will be in the Top15 FSK16 OW.

(insidekino)

Admissions OW Cinemas PTA Year Title
1 1.788.781 1.124 1.591 03 Matrix Reloaded (WB)
2 1.353.030 739 1.831 15 Fifty Shades of Grey (U)
3 1.318.961 893 1.477 00 Mission: Impossible 2 (UIP)
4 1.165.253 835 1.396 97 007 - Der Morgen stirbt nie (UIP)
5 1.070.139 713 1.501 08 I Am Legend (WB)
6 1.031.758 474 2.177 91 Terminator 2 (COL)
7 976.476 873 1.119 03 Terminator 3 (COL)
8 947.575 734 1.291 99 Matrix (WB)
9 868.763 754 1.152 08 The Dark Knight (WB)
10 848.703 648 1.310 00 Scary Movie (HIG)
11 847.752 1.069 794 03 Matrix Revolutions (WB)
12 780.837 663 1.178 01 Scary Movie 2 (HIG)
13 765.413 779 983 03 Bad Boys II (COL)
14 749.735 482 1.555 13 Django Unchained (COL)
15 749.059 826 907 00 Scream 3 (KW)
Edited by Aristis

1 hour ago, Aristis said:

Avengers 1 had 870K admissions on its first weekend. This will be only about 100K behind and it is FSK16! (If it won't go down of course, but it doesn't seem like it would)

Avengers opened to 560k admissions. 

But it doesn't matter, Deadpool doesn't work like a SH movie, but like a comedy and it just targets the german humor here, just like "Ted" did.
Looking how the WOM spread through the WE, I could see it getting to 3m admissions. 

• Like 1

I think the comedy angle is a definite help, yes - but in that respect, I'm surprised how much better this is doing than Grandpa ans Sisters which should target about the same comedy demo. Maybe it's the combo action/comedy, a bit like the F&F franchise which is part comedy. Personally I'd very much like to see a revival of the lighthearted genre (the BudSpencer/TerrenceHill action comedies were hits in Germany in their time :D )

15 hours ago, IndustriousAngel said:

I think the comedy angle is a definite help, yes - but in that respect, I'm surprised how much better this is doing than Grandpa ans Sisters which should target about the same comedy demo. Maybe it's the combo action/comedy, a bit like the F&F franchise which is part comedy. Personally I'd very much like to see a revival of the lighthearted genre (the BudSpencer/TerrenceHill action comedies were hits in Germany in their time :D )

+1

I used to love their movies as a kid. 

• Like 1

@IndustriousAngel, not many from the current generation do know about them. I'm assuming you are in my age group or very close to it.

I'm certain I have watched all their movies up to the early 80s. They have had some solo movies with other actors like 5 Man Army (Bud in an ensemble) and Hill's Super Cop with Ernest Borgnine. 

Trinity movies, Watch out We are mad are among my favorites. Nice times.