Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

You have to exclude J.Edgar and Revolutionary Road. Those were 35m budget award plays, they weren't going over 100m even with a BP win. So that makes Leo's track record 6/8 in the last decade over 100m. Sure Leo wouldn't take Birdman to blockbuster level but The Reverant has a more commercial-friendly premise than the "meta" industry focused Birdman.

You can't exclude those two because this is just a 165m "awards play."

And The Revenant isn't commercial. The only people who care about this movie is the forum and like the bro types. It isn't going to make money.

And The Revenant isn't commercial. The only people who care about this movie is the forum and like the bro types. It isn't going to make money.

Considering how well my sold out showing of Martian reacted to this trailer, I would say you're wrong. 

Considering how well my sold out showing of Martian reacted to this trailer, I would say you're wrong.

Anecdotal. That won't neccisarily equate to big box office receipts. But maybe it will breakout like AS, who knows.

And by 'the bro type' I mean the people who show up to Tarantino films.

Anecdotal. That won't neccisarily equate to big box office receipts. But maybe it will breakout like AS, who knows.

And by 'the bro type' I mean the people who show up to Tarantino films.

Well considering Taratino's films are pretty successful that bodes well

• Like 3

We don't know this yet. I'm just saying as a premise is more easily marketable to mainstream audiences than Rev. Road, J.Edgar and Birdman.

We don't know this yet. I'm just saying as a premise is more easily marketable to mainstream audiences than Rev. Road, J.Edgar and Birdman.

Yeah, it's a revenge flick starring Leonardo DiCaprio.  It should have mainstream appeal.