Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

Is Leonardo DiCaprio supposed to win an Oscar for this or will he lose again? I hope he loses just to see his fans cry again

I really don't think Leo gives a shit, he's still one of the most respected working actors todays, Oscar or not.

I get the backlash, but I'll stand by Birdman - it had atmosphere in spades and some very fun performances. The script wasn't subtle, but worked in service of the operatics.

Three hours of an intense, existential, survivalist revenge story, on the other hand, sounds pretty damn heavy. But after that trailer I can't not see it now.

• Like 1

Pretty interesting stuff. Had no idea the author couldn't talk about his book (or the movie). I also didn't know the story had already been made into a movie back in the '70s.

http://www.maxim.com/entertainment/movies/article/‘-revenant’-author-michael-punke-most-successful-novelist-who-can’

Pretty interesting stuff. Had no idea the author couldn't talk about his book (or the movie). I also didn't know the story had already been made into a movie back in the '70s.

http://www.maxim.com/entertainment/movies/article/‘-revenant’-author-michael-punke-most-successful-novelist-who-can’t

I mentioned "Man In the Wilderness"t a few pages ago.

And it has been the subject of a novel before  also; "Lord Grizzly" by Frederic Manfried that is considered a classic novel about the Fur Trade day, and  (having read both) is a better novel then "The Revenent".

I agree with the article that "Man In the Wilderness" is not a very good movie. It shows up on Turner CLassic Movies now and then.

I hate when trailers stalk. Trailer for Secret In Their Eyes has been doing it for two months now. It's been in front of everything.

That one makes me laugh every time. Why? The trailer starts unassuming, looking like a generic romcom. But then suddenly...

47gmdEL.png

DAT HAIRPIECE

• Like 1

I watched Man In The Wilderness last week and liked it. The film wasn't action-packed all the time but several scenes were pretty impressive and it had an interesting twist. After watching it I'm even more looking forward to The Revenant which - judging from the trailers - will have enough action.