EmpireCity

WEEKEND THREAD: Lightyear implodes with 51M DOM, 85.6M WW. THE LAST PIXAR MOVIE EVER?????😱😱😱 | Dominion #1 with 58.66M, Top Gun 44M

It's early, but let's be safe and go with $18m for TG2 as of now.  

Quite frankly, a lot of theater bookers didn't plan well enough for TG2 on Father's Day.  The only thing holding it back from even higher numbers is lack of seats.  

Cinemark has it stuck in medium sized theaters today.  Idiots.  Same thing for a number of other chains.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

A question for the experts in this forum;
Has been any movie in the last 25 years that has come back to the first spot in the weekend box office in the fifth weekend after losing it previously?
Cause TGM it seems it´s gonna do it and maybe is a record for the last 20 or 30 years.

25 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Over Titanic would mean over Jurassic World.

Therefore, no.

Its impossible.

At least you'll be able to hold on to the fact that using current ticket prices, Jurassic World is in the $780M range. That's something, right? 

Spoiler

Because Maverick has his misses locked right on those dinos and that ship....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, setna said:

Has been any movie in the last 25 years that has come back to the first spot in the weekend box office in the fifth weekend after losing it previously?
Cause TGM it seems it´s gonna do it and maybe is a record for the last 20 or 30 years.

How to Train Your Dragon

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, setna said:

You're expecting Top Gun to be number 1 over Elvis? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, setna said:

Not the weekend, but Captain Marvel had a day at #1 in like week 6 or so thanks to Endgame. Guardians of the Galaxy came back to #1 in weekend 4 I think in a close race with TMNT due to that August being death outside those 2 movies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, setna said:

No Way Home got back to the top spot in its 6th weekend after losing it in the 5th to Scream. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It's early, but let's be safe and go with $18m for TG2 as of now.  

Quite frankly, a lot of theater bookers didn't plan well enough for TG2 on Father's Day.  The only thing holding it back from even higher numbers is lack of seats.  

Cinemark has it stuck in medium sized theaters today.  Idiots.  Same thing for a number of other chains.  

Is it possible that we will see a lot of spillover demand on Juneteenth Monday?

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Here is what I hope/think might happen next weekend as a total guess for now....

1. Elvis w/ $42m

2. TG2 w/ $35m

3. JWD w/ $31m

4. LY w/ $25m

5. BP w/ $23m

If LY can underperform, why not Elvis:ph34r:

26 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

leonardo dicaprio drawing GIF

what’s he drawing? 

maverick-top-gun-kawasaki-ninja-900-tom-

I hate TGM now, I shouldn’t have watch twice in the cinema and brought another 11 with me. I underestimated TGM and now have to bear the painful consequences. 
:whosad:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Here is what I hope/think might happen next weekend as a total guess for now....

1. Elvis w/ $42m

2. TG2 w/ $35m

3. JWD w/ $31m

4. LY w/ $25m

5. BP w/ $23m

I'd love for Elvis and The Black Phone to break out but right now I'm thinking more $25-30M for the former and $15M for the latter. Buzz around the latter feels awfully quiet despite good reviews and the barren marketplace for horror recently.

2 minutes ago, StormbreakerXXR said:

No Way Home got back to the top spot in its 6th weekend after losing it in the 5th to Scream. 

Yeah, but  IMO NWH came out in very special conditions, it´s something like Demon Slayer in Japan

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

1. Elvis w/ $42m

2. TG2 w/ $35m

3. JWD w/ $31m

4. LY w/ $25m

5. BP w/ $23m

Give me....

1. Elvis - $36M
2. TGM - $32M
3. JWD - $29M
4. LY - $23M

5. BP - $18M 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

I hate TGM now, I shouldn’t have watch twice in the cinema and brought another 11 with me. I underestimated TGM and now have to bear the painful consequences. 
:whosad:

No worrys, Top Gun isnt allowed to gross more than 651M, so your boat is safe.