Eric the Minion

4th of July Weekend | Tiktok propels Minions 2 to 108.5 3-Day OW | TGM 25.5, Elvis 19, JWD 15.6, Black Phone 12.3 | Independence Day Weekend Sale!

1 hour ago, jimisawesome said:

I expect it to vastly over perform just because nothing is coming out until it.  It will be almost 3 months between Thor and BA and 2 months from Bullet Train.  People can only see TGM so many times.

It's the first big blockbuster but Salem's Lot, Don't Worry Darling, Bros, and Halloween Ends are all released before Black Adam. These all have potential for nice openings and audience appeal. There's also the Avatar re-release. 

15 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Full under 100 

I have no hope for Black Adam as well. The trailer was really bland, its just Superhero movie #1002 starring Vin Diesels arch enemy.

Like 40M OW / 85M full run is what i predict for it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I have no hope for Black Adam as well. The trailer was really bland, its just Superhero movie #1002 starring Vin Diesels arch enemy.

Exact thoughts. Won't be surprised with under Morbin.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

DJ is super popular overseas though. Even movies like Rampage and Skyscraper made 400m WW ish. I think it'll do 200m minimum.

22 minutes ago, Hilpkioy said:

DJ is super popular overseas though. Even movies like Rampage and Skyscraper made 400m WW ish. I think it'll do 200m minimum.

Yeah but those 400 for Rampage and 300 for Skyscraper had only 100 & 65 from DOM. 

Unless Black Adam is more liked than Shazam, I don't see how it open bigger with this trailer and obv leg out.

11 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Happy to see it recovering after it's disappointing-ish first weekend

Has been a trend for older audience movies. Kinda disappointing OW walkups, leading to maybe softer-than-desired OW, made up for by strong legs. 

Edited by Menor Reborn

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Full under 100 

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

I'll take bets on both of these. 

• Like 2

I would be surprised if BA opened to less then 60m if they opened Shazam to 53m.

Don’t get me wrong, Shazam was great and I’m not expecting BA to be nearly as good but I heard it has big action in the movie and has the rock to market it so I’d be surprised if they couldn’t at least get it to 60 OW. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Reposting this here b/c it is incredible...all Deadline info - Minions had almost no adults...has their ever been a "kid" skew this wild on any movie ever put out, especially at these huge box office numbers?

"However, Rise of Gru did attract a massive under-25 demographic at 89%. Even more impressive is how Universal made a brand that was unhip, hip again for the 13-17 crowd, who showed up at 34%. Alas, the power of TikTok. Scroll down for more detail."

https://deadline.com/2022/07/minions-rise-of-gru-box-office-1235055270/

Compared to Lightyear which opened 60% less...and had almost no kids...only 46% below 25...and at way lower numbers b/c it opened so much lower...

"Of those who turned out for Lightyear, 52% were men, 48% females. Some 61% of those who bought tickets were between 18-34. Men over 25 were dominant at 30%, giving the film its best grade of 87% positive. Females under 25 at 24% also gave it 87%. Females over 25 repped 24% of the audience and graded the Pixar film with an 85%. Men under 25 at 23% gave the film a 79% grade."

The power of Pixar in how they can open a pg rated animated film and attract that much adults.