Eric Lasagna

4th of July Weekend | Tiktok propels Minions 2 to 108.5 3-Day OW | TGM 25.5, Elvis 19, JWD 15.6, Black Phone 12.3 | Independence Day Weekend Sale!

50 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Not gonna bother with the first part because I made my point clear.

Do you think the pool has no rules? Let’s say a kid runs at the pool on the diving board, face plants and gets a nose bleed. Should we remove all diving boards from the town because one kid broke the rules?

I'm a fan of collective punishment personally, after my theater opened after Covid once we actually started getting new movies we'd have mosh pits basically every weekend to the point we had to move our curfew from 9PM to 6PM, if you aren't 17 with an ID you need a parent, no your 18 year old sibling isn't your parent. If you try to come in without a parent you don't make it past the ticket taker. If you don't ask for a refund within 15min of the movie time on the ticket you are SOL, if you are trying to watch an R-Rated movie without a parent you are SOL. And it's worked great, went from having to call the police and an ambulance every weekend to not having to do it a single time since.

I’ve only seen videos of the finest class folk attending minions screenings.

Exhibit A:

bb_3265328739883209302-2000.jpg

Exhibit B:

Succession-Breakouts-GQ-December-120118-

Exhibit C :

Mad-Men-Cast-Where-Are-They-Now.jpg?qual

Exhibit D :

Stranger_Things_Cast_Group.jpg

Exhibit E:

rs_1200x1200-220524115225-1200-top_gun_m

Exhibit F:

matrix-reloaded-1200-1200-675-675-crop-0

Exhibit G: 

uncle-drew-Uncle_Drew_-_First_Look_Image

Exhibit Heat:

heat-3-1-1608805391.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.78

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I'm a fan of collective punishment personally, after my theater opened after Covid once we actually started getting new movies we'd have mosh pits basically every weekend to the point we had to move our curfew from 9PM to 6PM, if you aren't 17 with an ID you need a parent, no your 18 year old sibling isn't your parent. If you try to come in without a parent you don't make it past the ticket taker. If you don't ask for a refund within 15min of the movie time on the ticket you are SOL, if you are trying to watch an R-Rated movie without a parent you are SOL. And it's worked great, went from having to call the police and an ambulance every weekend to not having to do it a single time since.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

Not gonna bother with the first part because I made my point clear.

Do you think the pool has no rules? Let’s say a kid runs at the pool on the diving board, face plants and gets a nose bleed. Should we remove all diving boards from the town because one kid broke the rules?

This is false equivalency lol

• ...wtf 1

22 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I’ve only seen videos of the finest class folk attending minions screenings.

Exhibit A:

bb_3265328739883209302-2000.jpg

Exhibit B:

Succession-Breakouts-GQ-December-120118-

Exhibit C :

Mad-Men-Cast-Where-Are-They-Now.jpg?qual

Exhibit D :

Stranger_Things_Cast_Group.jpg

Exhibit E:

rs_1200x1200-220524115225-1200-top_gun_m

Exhibit F:

matrix-reloaded-1200-1200-675-675-crop-0

Exhibit G: 

uncle-drew-Uncle_Drew_-_First_Look_Image

Exhibit Heat:

heat-3-1-1608805391.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.78

Exhibit I:

royal_tens_copyright.v3.png

Exhibit Jackass

original-cast-jackass.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

We had a few roving groups of like 50 kids each, whenever they came into contact with eachother a fight happened. 

This most likely happened only once (if at all), and it was like 5 kids that pushed each other around a little. And it probably happened on your day off too.

I think the worst theater experience I had was during the screening of The Nun (which was shit anyways) had a couple fucking somewhere in the theater. It’s kind of (in addition to other shit in that theater) why I dislike going to the only IMAX in my state. I don’t think Minions raves are as disrupting as that.

I am sympathetic as the pandemic took a lot from everyone especially teens and young adults. And even then we all did very stupid things in teenhood and young adulthood. I just think it’s kind of extra doing shit like throwing food or starting mosh pits, and I can understand why parents would be annoyed but it’s a very small group of people doing it.

I think it’s very unfair and ridiculous to discount the majority from having fun in suits when it is obviously a very small minority ruining it for everyone. And I think it’s dumb to have that rule in place due to a few dumbass TikTokkers.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I think the worst theater experience I had was during the screening of The Nun (which was shit anyways) had a couple fucking somewhere in the theater. It’s kind of (in addition to other shit in that theater) why I dislike going to the only IMAX in my state. I don’t think Minions raves are as disrupting as that.

I am sympathetic as the pandemic took a lot from everyone especially teens and young adults. And even then we all did very stupid things in teenhood and young adulthood. I just think it’s kind of extra doing shit like throwing food or starting mosh pits, and I can understand why parents would be annoyed but it’s a very small group of people doing it.

I think it’s very unfair and ridiculous to discount the majority from having fun in suits when it is obviously a very small minority ruining it for everyone. And I think it’s dumb to have that rule in place due to a few dumbass TikTokkers.

Not every theater is doing this. Theaters which have had these particularly bad experiences are likely doing it because there isn't really a great way to get this under control without casting a wide net. 

I don't even get how the pandemic factors into this. It's not like the pandemic suddenly makes people not know that throwing food around in a public place is not acceptable. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 7

48 minutes ago, Alpha said:

This most likely happened only once (if at all), and it was like 5 kids that pushed each other around a little. And it probably happened on your day off too.

I was there 4 of the times it happened, the last time, which is when we moved the curfew up was the day after Christmas. Parents would just drop off a shit ton of kids at the mall for the Day and when the malls curfew came into effect at 6 they came to our theater across the street. 

23 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

After seeing how big the GentleMinion meme was, I can imagine a Shrektlemen trend would be HUGE. 

Shrek 5 - if good - could do 700M+ DOM and im not joking.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

they're both universal now why do they not just make a minions vs shrek movie?

maybe there's some sacred "don't cross the streams" vibes going on there.

Kind of like how WDAS and Pixar aren't allowed to collaborate.