The Wild Eric

4th of July Weekend | Tiktok propels Minions 2 to 108.5 3-Day OW | TGM 25.5, Elvis 19, JWD 15.6, Black Phone 12.3 | Independence Day Weekend Sale!

18 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Presenting you Indian cinema

That looks more like a concert than a movie screening

Tbh, I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing, unless you’re in the audience and wanting/expecting have a quiet viewing experience and wind up with that instead. Reminds me of how crazy midnight previews used to get, where the first viewing was a fan heavy and loud audience, who often came back again later to actually watch, rather than participate in, the movie 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

WHERE EVA WE GO

THIS FAMALY

IS OUR FORTRESS

like M37 said, if everyone going in is knowing their will be a lot of screaming etc, then its probably pretty cool.

However if you're going in expecting the crowd to make taking in the film and keeping the reactions to a minimum, it feels like a living nightmare.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, M37 said:

That looks more like a concert than a movie screening

Tbh, I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing, unless you’re in the audience and wanting/expecting have a quiet viewing experience and wind up with that instead. Reminds me of how crazy midnight previews used to get, where the first viewing was a fan heavy and loud audience, who often came back again later to actually watch, rather than participate in, the movie 

This mostly happens in South India and that's just another experience of own no matter what movie quality is.

People don't really mind, in fact prefer lively crowd.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Presenting you Indian cinema

We need more context. I see people dancing while people are dancing on the screen. Seems like a concert. In big european cities you can find this kind of experience for some movies, but you know what yoy pay for. 

Anyways I'm not talking about cheering at the screen.

We know what tik tok is. There are already this kind of trends related to concerts (you go to a concert and you have to make a video of a certain kind of person between the public, you have to sing a different song than the one playing on the stage etc..).

we don't need the trend "Go watching this casual movie and when someone on the screen wears a red hat you have to sing loud a song by The Queen" 

Please no. 

Edited by vale9001

2 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Boy oh boy, that Stranger Things finale was a masterclass in how to make a shit "finale." Haha. Wow. And people get on Disney for retconning stuff to the point that what was once mysterious and exciting morphed into something super lame.

I don't know what you saw but I thought it was phenomenal. One of the best shows currently. The writting, score, editing, VFX... 

This show puts everything on Disney Plus (all their shows, recently specially) to shame. Makes these Marvel and Star Wars shows (even Mando) feel amateurish. It's just on a whole other level and something Disney just can't produce. 

And I think the lack of maturity on Disney films, is something the audiences could be tired off. Except animations. 

During the pandemic, audiences were exposed to all kinds of content. I watched shows I thought I never would. And Disney content is something that I just don't enjoy anymore. The laziness, the corporate screenplay feeling, the terrible childish writing (If it was good maybe I would be indifferent), the lack of everything we see in non-Disney product. 

No Disney product has made me feel since the pandemic. Except No Way Home. 

3 minutes ago, Juan Caballo said:

I don't know what you saw but I thought it was phenomenal. One of the best shows currently. The writting, score, editing, VFX... 

This show puts everything on Disney Plus (all their shows, recently specially) to shame. Makes these Marvel and Star Wars shows (even Mando) feel amateurish. It's just on a whole other level and something Disney just can't produce. 

And I think the lack of maturity on Disney films, is something the audiences could be tired off. Except animations. 

During the pandemic, audiences were exposed to all kinds of content. I watched shows I thought I never would. And Disney content is something that I just don't enjoy anymore. The laziness, the corporate screenplay feeling, the terrible childish writing (If it was good maybe I would be indifferent), the lack of everything we see in non-Disney product. 

No Disney product has made me feel since the pandemic. Except No Way Home. 

Umm, that was Sony's product.  Technically with an assist from Marvel, but...

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

That's right. But... idk.

Other than distribution and paying for 75%, I wonder how much Feige doesn't oversight. This is a Feige movie distributed by Sony basically. 

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'd call it more than just an assist, no? Aren't essentially all creative decisions made by Marvel Studios/Feige/Watts with the exception, I assume, of the Venom stuff that was shoehorned into the movie? But, yeah, it's definitely released by Columbia Pictures and not Disney.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

Yeah but I don't think there will be this same thing happening for say... The Fabelmans.

heh you picked the wrong movie to use as an example

the minions tiktokers being rowdy is nothing compared to how people will react when David Lynch shows up

• Astonished 1

Best 6th weekends of all time in history:

1. Avatar - 34.94M
2. Top Gun: Maverick - 25.54M
3. Titanic - 25.24M
4. Frozen - 19.58M
5. Black Panther - 17.09M
6. Frozen II - 16.89M
7. The Sixth Sense - 16.51M
8. Mrs. Doubtfire - 16.35M
9. Jumanji: WTTJ - 16.14M
10. Toy Story - 15.59M