7(6)Paws of Fury: The Legend …Paramount Pi…$781,208-53%
8(8)Jurassic World: DominionUniversal$664,910-57%-34%

9(9)Mrs. Harris Goes to ParisFocus Features$296,635-48%
10(10)LightyearWalt Disney$211,442-51%-44%

11(11)Marcel the Shell with Sho…A24$84,844-50%+105%

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Crawdads is gonna be real leggy. Good Mon drop.

Elvis continues with it's  good run . can't help wonder how far it would have gone without 45 day window.

Baz confirmed that Elvis won't go to HBO Max in August. It's not even on the HBO Schedule in AUGUST. Fantastic Beasts 2 and The Batman premiered on HBO channel right after HBOMAX.

1 hour ago, ringedmortality said:

Baz having enough clout to give Elvis a long run surely means that Spielberg will be able to get Fabelmans a long run as well right?

The Fabelmans likely won't make anywhere near the same amount of money that Elvis is since with the exception of Lincoln, all of Spielberg's recent dramas have finished in the $70-85M range (minus West Side Story, which came out while the pandemic was still raging on), but it's going to be a specialty release first and also likely to be Universal's #1 awards push this year (unless She Said becomes an undeniable frontrunner), so if Spielberg's influence was enough for Disney to withhold WSS from D+ for nearly three months, I imagine Universal won't be as eager to throw this on Peacock as soon as possible either.

Edited by filmlover

10 hours ago, LegendaryBen said:

Baz confirmed that Elvis won't go to HBO Max in August. It's not even on the HBO Schedule in AUGUST. Fantastic Beasts 2 and The Batman premiered on HBO channel right after HBOMAX.

10 hours ago, LegendaryBen said:

We don't know if they already decided that before 22nd june or it was after the good second weekend and the great weekdays all along. 

So maybe is always something in progress.

Also for crawdads Apple tv tweeted the movie is coming soon but without a date. They already have a date or Sony can decide it after  seeing how the movie hold on theaters?. 

Edited by vale9001

38 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Also for crawdads Apple tv tweeted the movie is coming soon but without a date. They already have a date or Sony can decide it after  seeing how the movie hold on theaters?. 

I'd imagine the contract would have a tentative date, but with windows based on performance. Otherwise they would have announced the Apple TV date prior to (or upon) release. 

If Sony didn't negotiate it that way, and just gave a firm theatrical window (like 45 days), then Apple may see this as a way to renegotiate and get a box office cut for extending the window.

The contract is probably something like this; xx-day theatrical window; if the film exceeds $xx gross, then Sony can exercise an option to extend the window xx days. If it grosses $xx after that, Sony can further extend the window, but Apple starts getting some of the box office. Could also have a provision where Apple can extend the theatrical window (if they think Sony is doing the math and thinks it isn't worth extending the window and splitting with Apple, whereas Apple might want the film to have a bit more prestige from its box office run), and a provision where they can shorten it (if the movie absolutely bombs, then Apple could trigger this provision and toss it on Apple TV in 2 weeks, for instance). 

I can't imagine Apple and Sony having some simple contract with a short, firm theatrical window, unless Apple were paying a premium. 

32 minutes ago, krla said:

I'd imagine the contract would have a tentative date, but with windows based on performance. Otherwise they would have announced the Apple TV date prior to (or upon) release. 

If Sony didn't negotiate it that way, and just gave a firm theatrical window (like 45 days), then Apple may see this as a way to renegotiate and get a box office cut for extending the window.

The contract is probably something like this; xx-day theatrical window; if the film exceeds $xx gross, then Sony can exercise an option to extend the window xx days. If it grosses $xx after that, Sony can further extend the window, but Apple starts getting some of the box office. Could also have a provision where Apple can extend the theatrical window (if they think Sony is doing the math and thinks it isn't worth extending the window and splitting with Apple, whereas Apple might want the film to have a bit more prestige from its box office run), and a provision where they can shorten it (if the movie absolutely bombs, then Apple could trigger this provision and toss it on Apple TV in 2 weeks, for instance). 

I can't imagine Apple and Sony having some simple contract with a short, firm theatrical window, unless Apple were paying a premium. 

Yeah I agree. I think it will be probably the "halloween"  release for Apple at this point. 

I'm also curious to know how much they paid for this exclusive. The budget of the movie is only 24M, if they made like half of it just with this exclusive seeing also how the much is working on the big screen Sony definitely won big with this movie. 

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Apparently the Tuesday number for Crawdads is big! 

Elvis was +24% for its opening week, Tuesdays numbers last week had bigger increases than usual thanks to the return of AMC’s discount day, and Crawdads’s audience especially would be more prone to discount shop. Won’t be surprised with even a +40% ($3.5M)

So despite what your source claimed, it’s not really a gotcha. Crawdads will probably have smaller Thu/Fri increases to offset higher weekdays, which is norm for titles that skew more heavily towards women 

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Vs Mon & prior week

Thor = +20% / -53%
Minions = +20% / -38%
Crawdads = +33% / new

Yeah, Tuesdays are starting to come up 

• Like 1

Promo or not clearly WOM is strong on crawdads, monday was already big. Weekdays are probably bigger because of the oldest target, as it was for Elvis, but at this point the second weekend should be at 9.5/10M with a Total of 37-38M by sunday. 

The Total prevision for now goes from 55-60M to 60-65M.

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Promo or not clearly WOM is strong on crawdads, monday was already big. Weekdays are probably bigger because of the oldest target, as it was for Elvis, but at this point the second weekend should be at 9.5/10M with a Total of 37-38M by sunday. 

The Total prevision for now goes from 55-60M to 60-65M.

I think second week will be 12m+ 

7 minutes ago, Doffy said:

I think second week will be 12m+ 

no too much, elvis always got in proportion better weekdays than weekend days. I think the better it can make is 10.5.

Don't forget the first weekend has 2.3M from previews. 12M + would be a 15-20% less than true first weekend.

4 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

no too much, elvis always got in proportion better weekdays than weekend days. I think the better it can make is 10.5.

Don't forget the first weekend has 2.3M from previews. 12M + would be a 15-20% less than true first weekend.

At first with these drops i thought it could stay flat