efialtes76

Dailies(Week July 18-21)

46 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Does anyone think Minions: The Rise of Gru might outgross it’s predecessor DOM-wise?

So far it’s being back and forth at being over/under the first film day after day. 🤷🏻‍♀️

It will outgross the original minions DOM, it's headed for a +$350 total. An amazing performance for this film

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, M37 said:

Elvis was +24% for its opening week, Tuesdays numbers last week had bigger increases than usual thanks to the return of AMC’s discount day, and Crawdads’s audience especially would be more prone to discount shop. Won’t be surprised with even a +40% ($3.5M)

So despite what your source claimed, it’s not really a gotcha. Crawdads will probably have smaller Thu/Fri increases to offset higher weekdays, which is norm for titles that skew more heavily towards women 

After a first Monday drop of only -49%, I’d say an additional +33% on Tuesday is a good sign. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Yeah I agree. I think it will be probably the "halloween"  release for Apple at this point. 

I'm also curious to know how much they paid for this exclusive. The budget of the movie is only 24M, if they made like half of it just with this exclusive seeing also how the much is working on the big screen Sony definitely won big with this movie. 

I just don’t get why they’re promoting it coming soon for free in its opening week. It totally undermines the theatrical sales pitch for me. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I just don’t get why they’re promoting it coming soon for free in its opening week. It totally undermines the theatrical sales pitch for me. 

“that movie you’re thinking about going to see. We’ll have it free for you soon”

Absolute joke.  Just as theatrical has stormed back and proven it isn’t going anywhere, there are factions at the studios that are continuing moronic policies that are costing them money. Anyways, at least it wasn’t the Mouse this time. 

This is out in the U.K. this weekend. Looking forward to seeing it

2 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Does anyone think Minions: The Rise of Gru might outgross it’s predecessor DOM-wise?

So far it’s being back and forth at being over/under the first film day after day. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Minions 2 is slowly gaining on the first Minions about $1m daily now.

Ceiling could be as high as $386m DOM if everything goes right.

Minions 2 faced zero competation compared to first move, and this summer families are starved for a big animation film. Minions faced Inside Out, while M2 faced LY and Paws of Fury.

Unlike MoM, JWD, and Thor this movie is giving audiences EXACTLY want they want and isn't dividing anyone. 5 year break from last DM film was also important, doubt M2 would be as big in a noncovid world coming 3 years after DM3.

Superpets is the only competation it has left this summer. It should hold up well against it.

Edited by Mojoguy

Some observation here, there are some strange box office trend. I thought a movie will show its leggy run potential through the weekend internal multiplier? But the recent leggy run lately like TGM, Elvis, or BP, Dog, show not much sign  of unusual strong IM to signal its subsequent leg. Same goes to Crawdads, the OW's IM was a very standard 7.5x, and a $17.3m is on the low end of the tracking but now the movie seem gaining ground for a long run. (Assuming no collapse on Wed)  

I mean Apple didn’t say what day Crawdads was coming on their service. And even then, while I’m not saying there won’t be some fence sitters who will just wait, if the movie looks good and interesting, a majority, if not all, who want to see Crawdads will just go to the movies for it

6 minutes ago, Eric the Tethered said:

I mean Apple didn’t say what day Crawdads was coming on their service. And even then, while I’m not saying there won’t be some fence sitters who will just wait, if the movie looks good and interesting, a majority, if not all, who want to see Crawdads will just go to the movies for it

No one cares about Apple TV+.

36 minutes ago, Eric the Tethered said:

sure, but it’s just pointless even saying it. 
I’m sure the studio had to ok it, but I don’t know why they agree to it in the first place. 

That said, this annoyance aside, apple have been killing it with their original tv content. On a show by show basis they’re trouncing all of the other streamers. 

32 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

No one cares about Apple TV+.

Which is ironic as they have some of the best tv out there. They’re not going anywhere; but yeah, you’re right - they don’t have the pull just yet.  Not that it matters for them.