efialtes76

Dailies(Week July 18-21)

35 minutes ago, Doffy said:

Wat about rest?

Don't you think if the rest are available they would be posted? They don't all come out at once they're staggered. Give it time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Don't you think if the rest are available they would be posted? They don't all come out at once they're staggered. Give it time.

This is one of the things I like least in our society.
Very demanding with the humble who give away good things and very tolerant with the powerful who mistreat us, it really seems to me something to observe and improve in each of us.
  • Thanks 1

I see Lightyear is officially streaming from August 3rd on Disney+  

what’s that? 40 days? 

Subscribers will expect the same when they ponder whether to see Strange World too Bob!!

Expect the same underperformance and more money thrown away until you realise giving these things away is destroying your animated brands. 

Edited by wildphantom

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Great holds for both. 

Going to see Crawdads in an hour to escape this heatwave. 

yeah, that’s really strong for Crawdads, it’s definitely going to leg it out. With a 97% verified audience score on RT, I’m super interested to see where this goes. The older female audience doesn’t have much opening in the weeks ahead to draw their attention. 

33 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

what’s that? 40 days? 

Subscribers will expect the same when they ponder whether to see Strange World too Bob!!

Expect the same underperformance and more money thrown away until you realise giving these things away is destroying your animated brands. 

I think it is 48 days from 17 June. So similar to the usual 45 days theatrical exclusive window.

Plus a HD leak is already out there...

Edited by TigerPaw

29 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

what’s that? 40 days? 

It is on Disney+ after 48 days from preview, the same as DS2 but at least 3 weekend longer than Encanto. So Disney has found the magic window, big or small grosser. 

• Like 1

These short durations between theatrical and OTT is killing audience visiting to theaters for sure. 

My colleagues were saying they are planning to watch Thor LT on disney+ due to not so great reviews....had it been 2019...they would have watched it within-first 10 days...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

what’s that? 40 days? 

They have to find some way to sell the movie branded merchandise before back to school - it's literally a financial bloodbath for them if they can't get any kids to watch this movie, so it's the best of a set of bad moves they can make...

Edited by TwoMisfits

43 minutes ago, Dingdong said:

I say 70 days MINIMUM before going to Disney+. These shortened windows are killing Disney’s theatrical releases

If there's hype, buzz or interest, people will go to the theater to see it. If there's good word of mouth and reception, people will at least think about going. 

Lightyear had none of it. It was a movie that no one asked. 

TGM overtaking Jedi tomorrow, Avengers the day after. The path to 700m is getting clearer and clearer.

Biggest domestic 8th Monday:

Sep 1, 2003

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse o…

$2,849,000

$1,279

$275,019,000

Dec 31, 2012

Lincoln

$2,321,938

$1,181

$134,189,097

Feb 8, 2010