efialtes76

Dailies(Week July 18-21)

4 minutes ago, Eric the Tethered said:

What else was going to replace Thor?

Nope? I agree small loss makes sense, but I was expecting more than 5 considering plf and single screen locs.

6 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

Nope? I agree small loss makes sense, but I was expecting more than 5 considering plf and single screen locs.

Thor and Minions are basically THE headlining July movies, so both will be sticking around for a long time in terms of theater counts. NOPE is way more niche being a R rated horror.

17 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Thor and Minions are basically THE headlining July movies, so both will be sticking around for a long time in terms of theater counts. NOPE is way more niche being a R rated horror.

Thor should lose more shows than others minions just lost 200.

19 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Thor seem stabilising faster than MoM.

Thur will be around 4.2m

Using antman 2 third weekend comp

6.3/+50%

9.3/+47%

7.6/-18%

23.4m weekend just under 50% drop.

DS2 had a third weekend drop of 47.7% drop.

Strange still performing a little better.

Basing on my projections weekend would be around 277m and playing like strange onwards would get it to around 330m but DS2 dropped 50% in fourth weekend due to TGM.

Thinking 335m+ for thor if weekend prediction holds.

2 hours ago, Doffy said:

Wtf Thor only lost 5 screens?

5 theaters. It's probably down many more screens and showings than that. It'll make roughly over $5,000 per theater this weekend. If you're running a theater, the only movie that will earn more is Nope. Most theaters have multiple screens, no reason to not show both.

• Like 2

This Thursday 2022 outgrosses 2021 full DOM gross.

4.5 billion in the first 6 months and a half. This year it should finish over 8 billion. A shame August, September & October feel so weak besides a couple movies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Thur will be around 4.2m

Using antman 2 third weekend comp

6.3/+50%

9.3/+47%

7.6/-18%

23.4m weekend just under 50% drop.

DS2 had a third weekend drop of 47.7% drop.

Strange still performing a little better.

Basing on my projections weekend would be around 277m and playing like strange onwards would get it to around 330m but DS2 dropped 50% in fourth weekend due to TGM.

Thinking 335m+ for thor if weekend prediction holds.

The loss of both PLF screens with their high ATP and premium pricing in some MTCs is going to knock down the grossing potential more than a before times release like Ant-Man. Expect a bigger Thursday drop ($3.7-$3.85), and Sat has been weaker, unlikely to get that +47% Sat, more like +35%. 

Thor should drop in -55% range, low $20s weekend 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Legion and Thunder said:

I would guess many places that are single screen locations, are in the areas that are not going to go for Nope.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I would guess many places that are single screen locations, are in the areas that are not going to go for Nope.

Along those lines, a Rated R feature is not really drive-in friendly, where is usually where these big summer openings lose some locations in week 3.

Although, not as bad some of the 50 Shades DI issues

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, M37 said:

The loss of both PLF screens with their high ATP and premium pricing in some MTCs is going to knock down the grossing potential more than a before times release like Ant-Man. Expect a bigger Thursday drop ($3.7-$3.85), and Sat has been weaker, unlikely to get that +47% Sat, more like +35%. 

Thor should drop in -55% range, low $20s weekend 

What's do you think the Fri jump will be?.

Because it can easily miss 20m with Antman 2/BW third weekend  Fri jumps.

55% drop would be the same as BW third weekend.

If Thurs numbers come in that range 

Weekend at end 274-275m and playing like BW onwards gets it to 325-326m.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

Plus like krla said, my main thing is that theaters don't really have anything to replace Thor with this weekend. At most midsize 12-screeners, Nope will only take up 1-2 screens, and those movies are likely the only movies to get above 20M for the weekend. Like what else was going to replace Thor?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

What's do you think the Fri jump will be?.

Because it can easily miss 20m with Antman 2/BW third weekend  Fri jumps.

55% drop would be the same as BW third weekend.

Not too much lower than last Fri, so +60%? The majority of the PLF loss effect will be baked into the Thursday drop, since Nope took over all but the first show yesterday. Overall like 5.4-5.5x wherever the Thursday number winds up landing 

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

So does anybody have any educated guesses as to what they think Nope preview number might be?

$6.5M-ish per tracking thread