Cap

MARVEL STUDIOS PRESENTS SAN DIEGO COMIC CON | THURSDAY: WWE PANEL | FRIDAY: LOTRs | SATURDAY: KEVIN | SUNDAY: BARGAINING SHOPPING | WE'RE BACK, BAY BEE.

Just now, jedijake said:

Shocked that DC didn't throw down something big for Aquaman 2 (considering they always drop trailers early). I guess maybe they didn't know how to proceed in the aftermath of the Heard/Depp drama?

That’s a minefield they do not want anything to do with right now. 

36 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I could have sworn that Holland's contract for NWH also included an appearance in another to-be-announced Marvel Studios project.

Well, I think it's pretty obvious what that might be, now... unless SONY replaces him in the meantime...  😁

12 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Captain America 4 seems too weak to lead off Summer, which other Avenger will be in the film?

The First Avenger.  You know it's going to happen.  

The Multiverse Saga.  Alternate Cap.  Either evil or brainwashed, or from Earth 6**.  Evans...back.  

8 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Captain america film without Chris Evans is so random. Anyone who thinks world is clamoring for a captain america movie with falcon as captain america is just dumb.

That's not really relevant. Chris didn't want to continue as Cap, and the comic book storyline goes that Sam Wilson becomes Cap when Steve can't/won't/dies/whatever. 

I agree that I don't expect it to do gangbusters unless they juice it, the same way MOM was juiced and not just a straight DS sequel; but it'll do fine either way. 

• Like 3

Just now, Macleod said:

Well, I think it's pretty obvious what that might be, now... unless SONY replaces him in the meantime...  😁

The First Avenger.  You know it's going to happen.  

The Multiverse Saga.  Alternate Cap.  Either evil or brainwashed, or from Earth 6**.  Evans...back.  

So fun fact the number of the beast isn't 6** it's 616. There was a mistranslation from Greek to Hebrew that lead to that. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Captain america film without Chris Evans is so random. Anyone who thinks world is clamoring for a captain america movie with falcon as captain america is just dumb.

even though fans are losing their minds  over every announcement, some of these things are going to underperform 

2 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I give Feige props for going-for-broke with today's presentation, but I'm not sure what he's trying to achieve here, other than burning out the MCU (which has been heading that way over phase 4). He's about to speed through some of his biggest remaining cards to play. Two Avengers films in the same year is absurd. Absolutely absurd.

He still has the X-Men card and the inevitable  MCU reboot.

Edited by eddyxx

2 hours ago, Ecks Ecks Are said:

Way Too Early Predictions

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

$225M / $590M

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania 

$125M / $335M

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 

$190M / $475M

The Marvels 
$160M / $395M 

Blade 
$125M / $300M

Captain America: New World Order 

$130M / $350M

Thunderbolts 

$125M / $315M 

Fantastic Four 

$170M / $440M 

Avengers: The Kang Dynasty 
$300M / $720M 

Avengers: Secret Wars

$350M / $825M 

too low for secret wars opening weekend. Probably closer to 400m opening weekend. 6 years of inflation since Endgame.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Haha 1

So we know what we got today, but look at all the news/info that we DIDN'T get that we know has to come or could come at some point.....

• Deadpool
  • X-Men
  • Black Widow (Yelena)
  • Eternals / Black Knight 
  • Hawkeye(s)
  • Shang-Chi 
  • Doctor Strange
  • Thor 
  • Spider-Man
  • Moon Knight 
  • Inhumans 
  • Armor Wars (Cancelled??) 
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

too low for secret wars opening weekend. Probably closer to 400m opening weekend. 6 years of inflation since Endgame.

There's not a lot of hype for Phase 4 or 5.  All the hype from the conference (sans BP2) was for stuff that's planned 4-5 years down the road. They need to actually produce good content before we say a new Avengers can surpass the old ones. 

• Like 3