Issac Newton

Weekend - 08/05-08/07 | Actuals: Bullet Train 30, Super Pets 11, Nope 8.5, Thor 7.7, Minions 7.1 | TGM sinks Titanic! 7th-biggest film DOM | Bodies Bodies Bodies earns 37.8K PTA

17 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

30M is good number for an Original movie....BT has opened well the only reason why it kind of pales with my expectation is the huge theater count...4.3k...nevertheless good start...let's see with mixed WoM how it sustains!

BT had a fairly better publicity campaign compared to EoT for sure...Budget wise BT needs 200-250m to be safe...which might be well within its reach!

I definitely agree with that. Here in my homeland in Turkey for example, it's playing in 310 locations. That amount is insane for an R-rated mid-budget original movie and is primarily reserved for the big blockbusters.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

Will be a pleasant surprise if TGM stays over $7m with actuals.

Keeping my fingers crossed it will stay above. IT will be even better if it were to cross Minions'5th weekend and jump 1 spot to 5th place, which would make it 11 weeks in the top 5 if that were to occur.

Just now, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Pitt's top OWs:(3 day)

1. WWZ- 66.4m

2. Mr. and Mrs. Smith- 50.3m

3. Troy- 46.8m

4. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood- 41m

5. Ocean's Twelve- 39.1m

6. Ocean's Eleven- 38.1m

7. Inglourious Basterds- 38m

8. Ocean's Thirteen- 36.1m

9. Bullet Train- 30.1m (if estimates hold)

10. Ben Button- 26.8m 

Technically speaking, you are missing his top OW. Deadpool 2.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Variety has really been going hard defending Nope

They're not lying 

Nope will finish with 120-130M, no matter how much people spin, is not a bad number for an original movie, is not a flop for a 68M budget.

It actually just gets more impressive considering how much original projects are struggling for nearly 3 years. 

This isn't behaving close to a common blockbuster like many expect, but this was always more of a wish than a reality.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

For Brad Pitt, 30M is a great opening. Ad Astra, Allied opened under 20M

What will you say tmr after seeing real number? How can it make 7.78 on Sunday? I really want to know!!!!

• Knock It Off 1

42 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I definitely agree with that. Here in my homeland in Turkey for example, it's playing in 310 locations. That amount is insane for an R-rated mid-budget original movie and is primarily reserved for the big blockbusters.

Did BT open well in Turkey??? 

18 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

They're not lying 

Nope will finish with 120-130M, no matter how much people spin, is not a bad number for an original movie, is not a flop for a 68M budget.

It actually just gets more impressive considering how much original projects are struggling for nearly 3 years. 

This isn't behaving close to a common blockbuster like many expect, but this was always more of a wish than a reality.

Probably double that when marketing is included. ~$250m WW needed to start making a profit.

Just now, CaptNathanBrittles said:

Probably double that when marketing is included. ~$250m WW needed to start making a profit.

The rule of thumb is 2.5 to 3x gross compared to the budget to profit completely through theatrical only. 2x to profit after theatrical plus secondary market.

All of that obviously does not take participation and stuff into account but it's a pretty good guide.

15 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Apparently TGM will be released digitally and on Blu ray August 23. Paramount trying to kill that 700m!

How long will it take until people realize digital/Blu doesn’t mean squat for legs anymore?

• Like 1

Not a great opening for Bullet Train, but not far off from what was expected of it either. We'll see what the staying power looks like, especially with a crazy barren month or more coming up.

Bodies Bodies Bodies expands to 1,200 theaters next weekend.

30 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Apparently TGM will be released digitally and on Blu ray August 23. Paramount trying to kill that 700m!

They changed the date again now it's showing sep.