grim22

Kung Fu Panda 4 | March 8 2024

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

I just think there is not enough time for some huge last minute markeitng push to work as far as the US goes.

I got a feeling this is aimed primariy at the Asian market.

I maybe wrong but china is really one big Asian market from past movies 

I don’t think Thursday preview make it or break for animated movie

the movie gotta get some good reviews otherwise it will be lapped out quick in march

Frankly a little stunned how little this seems to be breaking out considering the huge trailer views, initial buzz, nostalgia factor, and starved kid's market. I predicted 55/180 in the 2024 predictions and now I hope it just gets over 100.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Do we know what the budget is?

Not sure but here’s some comparison from last 5 years of dreamworks 

Trolls band together 95 million 

Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken 70 million 

puss in boots final wish 100 million 

Bad guys 75 million 

The Boss Baby: Family Business 82 million

The Croods: A New Age 65 million 

so like ever since dreamworks went to universal they followed illumination format of budgeting, 80-100 million would be my guess

Even if this just has a mediocre opening, there's nothing else targeting kids until IF in mid-May and Migration's staying power has been a testament to families' desperation to kill time at the theater. I can see this having Elemental-level legs.

• Like 5

Assuming we don't get a stinky Rotten Tomatoes score for this, feel like the most likely scenario is that it opens around 35M, everybody freaks out and expects doom and gloom, but then it legs out to gross on par with Kung Fu Panda 3's 143.5M on the basis of there being literally nothing for families to watch, just like Elemental, and we all shrug this off as a fine enough tally.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, AniNate said:

Even if this just has a mediocre opening, there's nothing else targeting kids until IF in mid-May and Migration's staying power has been a testament to families' desperation to kill time at the theater. I can see this having Elemental-level legs.

Maybe, but that still would be big step down from the previous Panda movies.

• Like 1

Regal has cup toppers and a really cute popcorn bucket that looks like a Chinese takeout box. I should have asked how much it was but I was already a little late for Dune.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I'm feeling a little more bullish on this after seeing the reaction to the Dune parody ad. People love the panda. Just can't trust tracking and "online vibes" with kids movies.

And as been pointed out the complete lack of options or competition will only fuel legs. 

1 hour ago, Minnale101 said:

Apparently the movie released in Indonesia today 

also not gonna say spoiler but yeah the budget will be lower than 3 easily probably like 100 million max lol

And so it shows on the visual level that it’s cheaper? it’s less beautiful ?

I’m gonna still watch but every review I’m reading from twitter from early Indonesia and south East Asian countries is what I had been afraid 

a formulaic animated movie without deep messaging that previous kung fu panda movies had 

felt like they made this movie just for quick buck than knowing what made kung fu panda special 

prob for best it ends here with 4th movie 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Minnale101 said:

I’m gonna still watch but every review I’m reading from twitter from early Indonesia and south East Asian countries is what I had been afraid 

a formulaic animated movie without deep messaging that previous kung fu panda movies had 

felt like they made this movie just for quick buck than knowing what made kung fu panda special 

prob for best it ends here with 4th movie 

Well, this explain something

• Like 1