Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread (8/26-28) | Invitation 775K Previews

1 hour ago, Legion By Night said:

Why does this thread have 2 pages already. Seems excessive.

You know it’s a bad weekend when Deadline doesn’t even bother with a Friday update of any kind …

One didn't need a crystal ball to see that we were about to head into a rough couple of weeks.

Luckily it won't be completely slow in Movie World. Wednesday marks the official commencement of awards season with a few week stretch where we'll be finding out the fates (both critical and likely financial) for many of the fall and holiday releases across the various festivals (Venice, Telluride, TIFF) before grosses start to improve again starting in mid-September.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Invitation 2.6
3000 1.2

14 minutes ago, Legion By Night said:

~1.8 true, like 6-7M? Small chance to miss 1st if something has a surprise hold.

Say maybe 950k true, 3-3.5ish?

I get 7.2 and 3.4 off those numbers. Puts 3T in line with expectations and Invitation decently below. 

35 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Invitation 2.6
3000 1.2

Those are weak Friday numbers, and I have a feeling it won't be for just the new releases.  Saturday increases should continue push higher, but its going to be an ugly weekend overall, the first of many it looks like

Edited by M37
  • Like 1

How long until Disney offers Robert Downey Jr $100 million plus 1% of the gross to come back and do another Avengers where somehow they resurrect Tony stark? I only say this because the box office just seems kind of lame right now exception of top gun. And Disney loves money just like every other studio so I'm sure it's something they're working on.

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

How long until Disney offers Robert Downey Jr $100 million plus 1% of the gross to come back and do another Avengers where somehow they resurrect Tony stark? I only say this because the box office just seems kind of lame right now exception of top gun. And Disney loves money just like every other studio so I'm sure it's something they're working on.

I don't think RDJ will come back. He's made enough money off Marvel, but Marvel need something new and exciting to rejuvenate. I'm not talking about its box office....it's just some feeling of unexciting, dullness when it comes to current Marvel. The latest films have been messy and didn't excite the masses like in the past

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think that would actually be less money than he made for Endgame. 

As for the when, if it doesn't happen in Secret Wars (Nov. 2025) I don't think it happens this decade. 

• Like 3