Eric Loves Rey

D23 Expo 2022 Discussion Thread | Friday Schedule (all times PST): Marvel/Lucasfilm/20th (10-12), Disney Branded Television (4-5:45) | Disney Adults Unite!

15 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Well, that was a whole lot of hoopla for nothing. They couldn’t even bother announcing what the February 2024 and July 2025 Marvel movies are going to be. 

I'm like 80% sure the Feb 2024 date is either going to be replaced by another Disney film or quietly dropped soon. If there was anything in store for it we would've heard about it.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Well, that was a whole lot of hoopla for nothing. They couldn’t even bother announcing what the February 2024 and July 2025 Marvel movies are going to be. 

For what it's worth, their then-2020 and 2021 movies weren't announced until well into 2019. I could see the two dates you mention be elaborated on at next year's Comic-Con. Marvel will be there, and they might just want to save some surprises for then. Black Widow was well into filming by the time Marvel even officially announced it for example. I'm willing to bet we see the trades reveal a lot of new movies that Marvel will officially date next year. That's what happened during Marvel's theatrical silence between the two Infinity War films.

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester

21 minutes ago, cookie said:

I'm like 80% sure the Feb 2024 date is either going to be replaced by another Disney film or quietly dropped soon. If there was anything in store for it we would've heard about it.

I would say either DP3 or WWH or a Scarlet witch solo movie(Agatha show might setup that) taking Feb 2024 date.

• Disbelief 1

Why would they announce a whole slew of films this past Comic-Con only to randomly stay silent on two projects, one of which would be less than 18 months away? That to me makes no sense. Still feel like it's more likely at least one of the dates is just a placeholder.

Edited by cookie

Tangled - Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney

Frozen - Disneyland Paris, Tokyo DisneySea, Hongkong Disneyland

Big Hero 6 - Disney California Adventure

Zootopia - Shanghai Disneyland, possible Animal Kingdom?

Moana - EPCOT, possible Animal Kingdom?

Encanto - possible Magic Kingdom?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

*checks current calendar date*

jeff-goldblum.gif

I hope you realize how effin' silly it sounds being upset that you don't know what Marvel film is coming out in nearly three years!!! :lol:. Especially with how many films are being released in that time frame?

(It's the "couldn't even bother" bit that I find especially hilarious here, honestly)

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Porthos said:

*checks current calendar date*

jeff-goldblum.gif

I hope you realize how effin' silly it sounds being upset that you don't know what Marvel film is coming out in nearly three years!!! :lol:. Especially with how many films are being released in that time frame?

(It's the "couldn't even bother" bit that I find especially hilarious here, honestly)

I’m not upset, though? I just think it’s funny how this event was being hyped up as a big deal, yet hardly anything of note came out of it. 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m not upset, though? I just think it’s funny how this event was being hyped up as a big deal, yet hardly anything of note came out of it. 

But why would you even expect it though?  Not to mention that D23 hasn't exactly been a place to announce longer term projects, from what I recall.

It just seems odd to me that it was even a consideration, especially after all of the news out of Comic Con.

Just now, cookie said:

I will maintain that the February 2024 film doesn't exist until I'm proven wrong. There's no reason for them to keep hiding it.

There was no reason for them to keep 'Werewolf by Night' unannounced until 4 weeks before it drops either. They still did it. It would seem odd to me for them to drop their 4 film a year schedule out of the blue. 

Just now, Porthos said:

But why would you even expect it though?  Not to mention that D23 hasn't exactly been a place to announce longer term projects, from what I recall.

It just seems odd to me that it was even a consideration, especially after all of the news out of Comic Con.

Why are you asking me this? Ask all those Twitter “scoopers” who made this year’s D23 sound like a bigger deal than it ultimately was. I’m not upset about any of this. I just think it’s funny that these supposed scoopers seem to keep getting things wrong this year when it comes to Marvel. 

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Ask all those Twitter “scoopers” who made this year’s D23 sound like a bigger deal than it ultimately was. 

theresyourproblem.jpg

I mean, STOP LISTENING TO SCOOPERS!!!!  :lol:

(and, like, again that's not what you said in the post I quoted, but fair enough on the clairification)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

theresyourproblem.jpg

I mean, STOP LISTENING TO SCOOPERS!!!!  :lol:

(and, like, again that's not what you said in the post I quoted, but fair enough on the clairification)

🙄

If you chose to read into my initial post the way you did, that’s on you. I don’t have any strong emotions about this. I don’t even particularly care about Marvel or Disney. I was simply pointing out how empty this D23 presentation came across as. That’s all. 

26 minutes ago, The More Fun XXR said:

There was no reason for them to keep 'Werewolf by Night' unannounced until 4 weeks before it drops either. They still did it. It would seem odd to me for them to drop their 4 film a year schedule out of the blue. 

Werewolf by Night is a Disney+ special that's probably inconsequential to the wider MCU. There's a large gap between that and a theatrical film.

Not to mention, we've known about Werewolf by Night for over a year through trade reports, and we knew about Black Widow and Eternals long before they were made official. What do we know about the supposed Feb 2024 film? There's been no reports in the trades about it at all, for a film that's supposed to be out in under eighteen months. That leaves me to believe that it doesn't exist, and Disney's keeping the date as a placeholder.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, cookie said:

Werewolf by Night is a Disney+ special that's probably inconsequential to the wider MCU. There's a large gap between that and a theatrical film.

Not to mention, we've known about Werewolf by Night for over a year through trade reports, and we knew about Black Widow and Eternals long before they were made official. What do we know about the supposed Feb 2024 film? There's been no reports in the trades about it at all, for a film that's supposed to be out in under eighteen months. That leaves me to believe it doesn't exist, and Disney's keeping the date as a placeholder.

I would’ve guessed the February date was for Deadpool 3, but now that you mention it, I don’t think there’s been any real indication of that being the case. If Disney really does have a Marvel movie planned for that date, you’d think they would’ve announced it by now.