Eric Loves Rey

D23 Expo 2022 Discussion Thread | Friday Schedule (all times PST): Marvel/Lucasfilm/20th (10-12), Disney Branded Television (4-5:45) | Disney Adults Unite!

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

I kinda want to see what they do with the Avater sequels if Avatar 2 flops.

3 minutes ago, The More Fun XXR said:

I don't think that's a concern. 

Inb4 I see claims of 2b WW being "a flop"

@4815162342

bees-nelson.gif

(note not my prediction for A2 WW)

Edited by Porthos

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Kinda Marvel's fault for (checking Wikipedia) for not seeing what the current political situation is like and giving an ex-Mossad agent superhero the spotlight no?

Don't think you needed to check Wikipedia to be up to date on that, tbf! 

My point was more a comment on people on Twitter being mad at Gal Gadot, and that this will probably make that look like a tempest in a teapot in comparison.

Edited by Porthos

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Well, @Cap would say that this is a reward for the people who attend conventions (and that press coverage for should be enough for everyone else who isn't in the room).

Just comes down to who you think should be catered to the most.  The folks in the audience in the room or the GA at large.  And there really is no "right" answer here, just preference.

I think there are definitely ways to strike a happy medium, but I will say that as someone who’s been in the room a bunch of times during conventions, there is a huge difference and panels where all of the footage is instantly put up online, verse where they hold stuff back.

I also think there’s a slight difference in fan conventions where they hold a lottery versus ones where they don’t. So D 23 this year was on a lotto. Which means those people didn’t have to work to get into the room. They just randomly got selected.

I know there was also a standby line, but apparently that was a mess and who knows how many of those socks actually got in.

Comic Con? That is a battle. That is a place where only the strong survive, and the righteous should be rewarded for the bullshit they put up with to get into that room. 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Don't think you needed to check Wikipedia to be up to date on that, tbf! 

My point was more a comment on people being mad at Gal Gadot, and that this will probably make that look like a tempest in a teacup in comparison.

Checking Wikipedia was about the Mossad agent part. Honestly, I feel like that makes it worse than just her being an Israeli. I feel like it's akin to for example having Hawkeye being a CIA Agent in Iraq in 2003 being a part of his backstory.

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

No trailer?

To: Avatar Fandom

re: Disney Marketing

simpsons-homer.gif

@IronJimbo

It’s almost like they should’ve brought footage to Comic Con. It’s almost like once they start marketing the movie it’s gonna be on the verge of too late. 

I took my friend to see Jaws. I would say that she is pretty general audience about movies. She’s not a film buff. But she definitely go to the movies, and she watch top gun like five times. 

When we got out of the movie theater, there was an Avatar poster. She said: like I need to go see that. I have never seen the movie. And I know that there is a ride at animal kingdom and we’re going this winter, so I want to watch it before I go on the ride.

She did not say anything about the sequel. Her primary Concern was her trip to Disney World and that there was a ride down there.

Also avatar is still not trending on Twitter? At least not in the US? I don’t know if it’s just my algorithm, but my entire thing is college football, Mando, and Marvel. 

Not releasing the trailer is a huge mistake

• Like 1

Were any of those "we got the early scoop on" folks right about anything from this? I feel like they weren't looking back, especially when a supposed epic Fantastic Four reveal didn't happen. Just goes to show that it's not official until the trades report it so!

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1