Eric Loves Rey

D23 Expo 2022 Discussion Thread | Friday Schedule (all times PST): Marvel/Lucasfilm/20th (10-12), Disney Branded Television (4-5:45) | Disney Adults Unite!

46 minutes ago, shachi86 said:

Key quote:

@Cap can back me on this, but I posted this to her before I saw any of this:

┳┻|

┳┻|

┻┳|

┻┳|

┳┻|

┳┻|

┻┳|

┻┳|

┳┻|

┳┻|

┻┳|

┳┻|

┻┳|

┳┻| _

┻┳| •.•) Too many people are worrying about 3D

┳┻|⊂ノ     and not enough about A2 having HFR.

┻┳|

======

Now I am ******NOT******* saying this is gonna hurt A2's box office or that I'm "doubting Jim" or anything else.

What I am saying, and what I've been thinking for a while, is that HFR is a bigger wild card in regards to the GA than 3D.

The public has shown in the past that it will support 3D.  To the tune of near 3b WW.

The jury is much much more out on High Frame Rate.  It hasn't exactly taken off yet, and that's putting it gently.  Now I have no idea how many of the showings are actually gonna be HFR. Hell, I don't even know how many of the showings are gonna be mandated to be 3D!  But if HFR is also being pushed along side 3D for the PLF showings?

Well, if anyone can pull this off it's James Cameron.  But it's still a potential wild card when it comes to reception.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Where's the Halle Ariel support? 

Karas Stabbed By Bull GIF by AzureBeast | Gfycat

Lowkey the movie looks like ass and I suspect it’ll be like other soulless Disney remakes but the one thing this has over other remakes is Halle Ariel is a damn great choice, and judging by her Part of the World, she is oddly the only lead in these remakes that can really sing. 

I’m more concerned with HFR Titanic. Any movie having artificial frames put in that weren’t actually shot is a massive red flag to me.  This is revisionism gone too far. Just give me Titanic in 4K HDR at 24fps and be done with it. 

The new Avatar - sure go to town on that as you shot it that way. I’ll look forward to seeing the HFR version at least once, but it won’t be my first way of watching it if I can help it.  I’m hoping regular IMAX 3D won’t have it, but who knows at this point. 

• Like 1