YM!

Ticket to Paradise Weekend Thread (and also Black Adam): Adam 67 (Rock's biggest leading debut), Paradise 16.3, Smile 8.3, Halloween 8 (80% drop!), Lyle 4.2 | Banshees 45K PTA, second-best of the year

On 10/2/2022 at 6:05 AM, Legion By Night said:

Morbius did 5.7 after turning out to be one of the shiftiest CBMs in a decade and having the lack of effective NWH connection spoiled. 7-8 after d1 seems quite reasonable.

One day is all you need, next 19 were just a useless distraction ;) 

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

Good news is walkups yesterday were good. I think 60m should happen. This is not a sequel to a huge character that leads to rush. Plus we are in October. So it should be ok. 

Let us see how the Postrak scores are. it needs reasonable legs to hit at least 175m domestic. I am not seeing a big overseas number. Can it even hit 400m WW in case it does not release in China. 

4 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Need 7.9x to hit 60m opening weekend. Is it possible given today box office landscape? 

Yes. My expectation is 7.7-8.5x previews. For reference, Shang Chi hit 8.5x and even Eternals managed 7.6x.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Me when Black Adam posts a strong preview number that's not at all surprising:

nodding-gif-1.gif

Me when the forum tries to spin it as shocking and/or indicative of poor performance:

the-rock.gif

What are you even talking about? Nobody has posted that’s it’s surprising — it’s exactly what we expected.

• Like 9