Eric the Fall Guy

Halloween Weekend Thread (10/28-30) | Weekend Estimates: Adam 27.7, Paradise 10, Devil 7, Smile 5, Ends 3.8

Just watched Till in an empty theatre. Great movie, probably not going to win any Oscars or do super well at the box office, but it’s one of the best movies I’ve seen all year and more people should really watch it.

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Just watched Till in an empty theatre. Great movie, probably not going to win any Oscars or do super well at the box office, but it’s one of the best movies I’ve seen all year and more people should really watch it.

Feel like the lead actress is getting major notices ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Feel like the lead actress is getting major notices ?

She may get a nom, but I would be shocked if the movie got any more. I don’t think she has the momentum for a win however. It would be one of those “5th place nominations” type deal.

14 minutes ago, DAJK said:

She may get a nom, but I would be shocked if the movie got any more. I don’t think she has the momentum for a win however. It would be one of those “5th place nominations” type deal.

Feels like Cate Blanchett is gonna win for Best Actress. 

25 minutes ago, DAJK said:

She and Cate are the top two right. It won't be a 5th place slot. Her raves are top of the line just like Cate.

Edited by Nikostar

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

I remember when Eric was angry that The 355 said their previews were 350k

It's totally wack though. Uni couldn't just fudge things just a wee bit and get some fun publicity from all this? It's frustrating stuff.

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Planning to see that (and Triangle of Sadness) either tomorrow or Sunday. Really interested in that one particularly. Tonight my local Regal theater was showing Dawn of the Dead in 3D, which was quite a fun time. Still funny to me the lead actor, Ken Foree, would play Kenan's dad on Kenan and Kel. What an odd career trajectory.

5 minutes ago, Flopped said:

She wont, no one actually likes the movie. Just people pretending to. 

Believe it or not, there are people who have opinions different than yours. Why don't you be respectful of that stuff instead?

• Like 1

Just now, Nikostar said:

She and Cate are the top two right. It won't be a 5th place slot.

Last I checked, Michelle Yeoh is the runner-up and potential upset, with Blanchett being the current frontrunner. Deadwyler does seem pretty secure though compared to other competitors (granted some like Robbie we don't know much about yet), and the only other major contender at this point is Michelle Williams.

9 hours ago, AJG said:

I am urging The Rock to Free Deadline Anthony from servitude because this shit is getting heinous. It cannot continue

It’s 300k ahead and apparently DC branding and DCEU connection mean nothing…

Deadline Anthony used to be a titan of BO punditry. What went wrong and are streaming services to blame?

I don't get what the issue is here. The word "Impressive" may be a tad hyperbolic but this is the highest number for a lesser known DC character. Even Suicide Squad needed the Batman/Joker inclusion to explode. DC themselves are well aware that they haven't earned the Marvel effect of automatically turning every C/D-Lister into BO gold based on brand recognition yet, hence the 11 million iterations of Joker at the same time.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I don't get what the issue is here. The word "Impressive" may be a tad hyperbolic but this is the highest number for a lesser known DC character. Even Suicide Squad needed the Batman/Joker inclusion to explode. DC themselves are well aware that they haven't earned the Marvel effect of automatically turning every C/D-Lister into BO gold based on brand recognition yet, hence the 11 million iterations of Joker at the same time.

Aquaman?