Eric Prime

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

TvfLikq.png

Read the blurb; as far as I understand theres nothing particularily wrong with the story, and it isnt any worse than those of other blockbusters; the movie is only a day old and im pretty sure the GA already believes the story sucks, lackluster might not mean bad, but thats how people will ready that.

That has to be really deadly. 

Its almost unfair hows it been treated, not even JWD, with its 38 on MC got its story called out in the main blurb

Ignore the fact that 2 weeks ago I was on the 3 billion train, the way things around going, I would be overjoyed with 2 billion (and could find a way to cope with 1.5 billion)

I know im being a bit exhausting, but its been 13 years and its only in this final week that things began to go wrong

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

1 hour ago, Nikostar said:

So would 17 put the weekend at 150 or closer to 150

50 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Not impossible but this would be very surprising. I'm thinking like....

17 - 39 - 44 - 36 = 136

37 minutes ago, M37 said:

I'm basically penciling in TGM's pattern (using True Thur) with a softer (non-holiday + World Cup) Sunday until proven otherwise. So like 17/37/43.5/35.5 = $133

28 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

TvfLikq.png

Read the blurb; as far as I understand theres nothing particularily wrong with the story, and it isnt any worse than those of other blockbusters; the movie is only a day old and im pretty sure the GA already believes the story sucks, lackluster might not mean bad, but thats how people will ready that.

That has to be really deadly. 

Its almost unfair hows it been treated, not even JWD, with its 38 on MC got its story called out in the main blurb

Ignore the fact that 2 weeks ago I was on the 3 billion train, the way things around going, I would be overjoyed with 2 billion (and could find a way to cope with 1.5 billion)

I know im being a bit exhausting, but its been 13 years and its only in this final week that things began to go wrong

Dude calm down. Audience love it.

Edited by nguyenkhoi282

All these years waiting and Cameron can't write a had decent story and his ego wouldn't allow others to correct him. If I want to see great visuals, I watch an IMAX doc get into a VR meditation app. For one of the most expensive films ever made, one would expect an engrossing story. We go to cinemas for great stories. Sad not to get it. Let's bring TGM back for PLF screens mid January.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

All these years waiting and Cameron can't write a had decent story and his ego wouldn't allow others to correct him. If I want to see great visuals, I watch an IMAX doc get into a VR meditation app. For one of the most expensive films ever made, one would expect an engrossing story. We go to cinemas for great stories. Sad not to get it. Let's bring TGM back for PLF screens mid January.

lol

what a wonderful end to that paragraph

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

He did it. He really fucking did it. Jimbo spent 13 years for a terrific picture.

2 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

All these years waiting and Cameron can't write a had decent story and his ego wouldn't allow others to correct him.

The Duality of BOT LITERALLY a minute apart!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 15
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Dude calm down. Audience love it.

dont worry too much

just tanking my expectations so that im over the moon when the cameron magic (legs) kick in, and if they somehow dont well thats not my problem as my expetations were already tanked