Eric Prime

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

1 minute ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

In one form or the other....

Markets changed + interest wasn't as high as many expected + film isn't quite as re-watchable as the the first + COVID hesitancy.

FIFY YW

3 minutes ago, casabona said:

what went wrong?

Nothing. Avatar 2 is behaving exactly like we thought it would and discussed throughly the last ten years on this message board. Some recent forecasts were wrong, just like it happens most often than not. Now we follow the upcoming weeks to see how far it’s legs can go.

4 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

In one form or the other....

Markets changed + interest wasn't as high as many expected + film isn't quite as re-watchable as the the first + COVID hesitancy.

People still using that one huh

• Knock It Off 2

Just now, MOVIEGUY said:

People still using that one huh

COVID doesn’t go away because of whatever you believe. One of my best friends had to cancel a flight and is trying to sell his Bring Me The Horizon ticket he had for a show this Sunday. COVID hesitancy is still very much a thing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Piranha 2 v True Lies

It's like Salomon cutting the baby - either way you lose.

This is why we have to do it before The Abyss and his Titanic Doc. (I think I’m gonna Forgo watching Titanic, because I watched the back half of it on TV last weekend, and then kind of watched the beginning of it via YouTube clips to refresh my memory. I experienced enough of it to know that it is still a five out of five total banger, and Kate Winslet is 👩‍🍳💋)

years of Marvel movies largely performing well on opening weekend and then cratering afterwards has really damaged how people talk about big movies like this. like the expectation is instant gratification for *everything* regardless of a movie’s circumstances. thankfully Avatar is gonna have holiday legs and 10 weeks of practically no competition and then we can laugh about some of the absurd doomposting that i read for the last 10+ pages

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

years of Marvel movies largely performing well on opening weekend and then cratering afterwards has really damaged how people talk about big movies like this. like the expectation is instant gratification for *everything* regardless of a movie’s circumstances. thankfully Avatar is gonna have holiday legs and 10 weeks of practically no competition and then we can laugh about some of the absurd doomposting that i read for the last 10+ pages

Okay.

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Okay.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

BOMB BOMB BOMB