Eric is Quiet

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

1 minute ago, Korra Legion said:

That number proves how bad your confidence interval was!  

50% chance to land in a zone you assigned just 2.5% to

In the words of the greatest thespian of the 21st century....

"It doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning."

vin diesel GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OT: just watched Rogue One again (fitting, since it released this weekend 6 years ago) and I still maintain it's my favorite Disney era Star Wars film. Honestly one of my top, period. Not everyone's cup of tea but right up my alley that's for sure. As you can imagine I loved Andor just the same.

@Porthos

Edited by Verrows
  • Like 12

I don't think WorldCup will have significant notable effect atleast in US tomorrow. Final will be finished by 9AM PST and since it's not involving US, the ratings for a match that early in the day are likely going to be around 12-15M viewers which is much lesser than typical NFL Sunday ratings. NFL cumulative viewership on Sunday is crazy..like across the entire Sunday, it pulls around 60M-70M viewers.

Edited by upriser7
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

I don't think WorldCup will have significant notable effect atleast in US tomorrow. Final will be finished by 9AM PST and since it's not involving US, the ratings for a match that early in the day are likely going to be around 10M viewers which is lesser than typical NFL Sunday ratings

my thought process that it might have an affect today rather than tomorrow, as some might want to sleep early in order to make sure to not miss the match

38 minutes ago, danziger said:

As others pointed out WC ratings have been strong in the US. 2018 WC final averaged 17.8 million and 2022 should do much better because of Messi. NFL as of a month ago was averaging 16 million.

that's not the right comparison imo..NFL has multiple games going on at the same time...so actual viewership across the country would be much higher than 16M. On a typical Sunday, cumulative viewership of NFL matches would be around 60-80M viewers

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Verrows said:

OT: just watched Rogue One again (fitting, since it released this weekend 6 years ago) and I still maintain it's my favorite Disney era Star Wars film. Honestly one of my top, period. Not everyone's cup of tea but right up my alley that's for sure. As you can imagine I loved Andor just the same.

@Porthos

Final 10 minutes are truly flawless. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

my thought process that it might have an affect today rather than tomorrow, as some might want to sleep early in order to make sure to not miss the match

there might be few people like this but I don't think it's going to be significant...it's only early morning start for WestCoast folks. For Central Timezone people, it's a 9AM start which is neither that early nor too late in the day which can affect theaters. NFL is a much bigger threat than WorldCup for A2 as it pulls in lot many more viewers than WorldCup and runs during almost entire day.

6 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

TG2 winning over BP2 and A2 domestic is such a wild card of 2022. No one could have predicted this

thank you for guaranteeing that avatar 2 ends up with exactly 5.4 legs

7 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

that's not the right comparison imo..NFL has multiple games going on at the same time...so actual viewership across the country would be much higher than 16M. On a typical Sunday, cumulative viewership of NFL matches would be around 60-80M viewers

That's true, obvious point I shoulda thought of.

Correct me if I am wrong....if Saturday number is $44M, isn't that an extremely positive sign for long run ? It would be 22% growth over True Friday. TGM which had comparable preview number had 19% growth. Whereas among MCU movies which were lot more frontloaded, DS2 had 7% growth, BPWF was almost flat

Edited by upriser7

so Puss in Boots; the whitney doc seems DOA (extreme beach volleyball edition), so its puss in boots or nothing for anyone who thinks avatar wont have amazing legs

anyone ready to flirt with 300 dom for puss?

all my eggs are still in the avatar basket, but if its december 27 and Iron Jimbo hasnt returned then i'd be very interested in seeing how PB2 might perform

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

4 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Correct me if I am wrong....if Saturday number is $44M, isn't that an extremely positive sign for long run ? It would be 22% growth over True Friday. TGM which had comparable preview number had 19% growth. Whereas among MCU movies which were lot more frontloaded, DS2 had 7% growth, BPWF was almost flat

Going to guess this is a byproduct of Avatar being so long. Will have better Saturday jumps but might not hold as well on weekdays once we get outside the holidays

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

so Puss in Boots; the whitney doc seems DOA (extreme beach volleyball edition), so its puss in boots or nothing for anyone who thinks avatar wont have amazing legs

anyone ready to flirt with 300 dom?

What

300 dom is a 2.2ish multiplier off a mid 130s opening during CHRISTMAS, fucking TROS still has 2.9

a completely unimpressive 3x multiplier on christmas still takes it to over 400 - don't think anyone would be shocked at 4x for mid 500s

Below expectations? sure but jesus christ man, you need a chill pill

Edited by JustLurking

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

What

300 dom is a 2.2ish multiplier off a mid 130s opening, fucking TROS still has 2.9

a completely unimpressive 3x multiplier on christmas still takes it to over 400 - don't think anyone would be shocked at 4x for mid 500s

Below expectations? sure but jesus christ man, you need a chill pill

IM TALKING ABOUT ORANGE PANTHER 2 MAKING 300 DOM (in the event that avatar 2 only has decent-to-good legs for a december movie)

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

It's expected growth because of the length of the film and audience push for PLF screens. The Batman has a similar runtime and Saturday increase (23.5%).

• Like 3