Eric is Quiet

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

Also from Deadline:

"Avatar: The Way of Water easily gets an A CinemaScore, the same grade as its first film 13 years ago. PostTrak is still 5 stars, 91% with men at 58%, women at 42%. Men over 25 are the biggest quad at 36% (89% grade), followed by women over 25 at 24% (93% grade), men under 25 at 21% (89% grade), and women under 25 at 19% (94% grade) — arguably a great hearty turnout for each demo. Diversity demo update on Comscore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak audience exits are 33% Caucasian, 27% Hispanic, 17% Black, 15% Asian and 8% Other."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

That's a really good hold in light of the competition and loss of premium screens.

Its going to stick around as a good option for people over the holidays looking for something epic, but not keen on the Avatar runtime.

Just now, kayumanggi said:

Also from Deadline:

"Avatar: The Way of Water easily gets an A CinemaScore, the same grade as its first film 13 years ago. PostTrak is still 5 stars, 91% with men at 58%, women at 42%. Men over 25 are the biggest quad at 36% (89% grade), followed by women over 25 at 24% (93% grade), men under 25 at 21% (89% grade), and women under 25 at 19% (94% grade) — arguably a great hearty turnout for each demo. Diversity demo update on Comscore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak audience exits are 33% Caucasian, 27% Hispanic, 17% Black, 15% Asian and 8% Other."

The all important diversity breakdown we needed last night!

14 minutes ago, vafrow said:

That's a really good hold in light of the competition and loss of premium screens.

Its going to stick around as a good option for people over the holidays looking for something epic, but not keen on the Avatar runtime.

It's close to 3 hour on its own lol. 

19 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

All for Cameron eating humble pie and I love me a good meltdown.

But it would foolish to jump the gun this quickly. Remember how Avatar dropped 2% in it's second weekend?!

This is where I’m at. I suspect ultimately its run will make no one happy. 

15 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

From Deadline:

"Engine’s PostTrak reports that 41% of all moviegoers are buying tickets day of, meaning a lot of walk-up business."

Let's see how that translates in the coming weeks.

Utter joke, it is the opposite of lot of walk-ins

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

No. But again remember how many blamed the snowstorms in the northeast for Avatar's $77M opening?

Again. Too early to make a call either way, and I say this as one who never thought The Way of Water would topple Top Gun: Maverick, domestically at the very least. Still don't.

Yes I am in same boat. Don't see this topping TGM domestically. 

1 minute ago, incognitoo said:

Why do I have a feeling that in 98% of these "fanfictions" Hänsel und Gretel are portrayed as step siblings only for a very specific reason?

Shows what you know — making it step loses the appeal

• Haha 2

I think Disney will be happy, $130m+ is still more than the first Avatar's OW and only the sixth film to break $100m+ OW in December especially when you consider four of the top five are Star War films and the top film is Spider-Man.