Eric Prime

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Ummm, hello - he had a sidekick right from the beginning:)...who always had faith in him and told him to keep that faith.

Which is exactly what a good sidekick does, b/c they sure don't fight the big fights:)...

I mean how does anyone think that ignoring available screens is a good idea for the business lol

1 hour ago, Menor Reborn said:

Yep, seems about right (comps to weekend are headed for 15.5-17 in the theaters I'm tracking). As I said in the weekend thread looks like length is winning out over PLF skew. 

Calculated ATP wrong, comes out to 16-17.5 with corrected #s (16 comped to Sun, 17-17.5 comped to Fri/Sat). Midpoint still not that different from Deadline.

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

I mean how does anyone think that ignoring available screens is a good idea for the business lol

It's a strategy...and 2022 has not seemed like the year that Disney really employed any great strategies for their theatrical releases...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

They should've pushed normal 3D as the baseline experience for Avatar 2 at least, premium screens can only take you this far.

Just now, jedijake said:

This is Deadline we're talking about, so........

is deadline really capable of missing more than a million or two?

did disney really go out of their way to tell people to watch it in imax? there was a poster I guess, but I really dont remember anything more than that, think its just customers making a decision

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

is deadline really capable of missing more than a million or two?

I mean, yeah. Kinda thought they were on point because menor's comps trended here too but apparently he had the atp wrong, so 🤷‍♂️

Could be they're right still though.

Edited by JustLurking

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

did disney really go out of their way to tell people to watch it in imax? there was a poster I guess, but I really dont remember anything more than that, think its just custerms making decision

Think it's more the general vibe of selling this for the visual experience, which was a debate hashed out in the WE thread.  Recently the marketing has shifted more to the story/action, but it takes a while for reaction to marketing to shift.

• Like 2

Just now, Porthos said:

Think it's more the general vibe of selling this for the visual experience, which was a debate hashed out in the WE thread.  Recently the marketing has shifted more to the story/action, but it takes a while for reaction to marketing to shift.

Yeah this reeks like some hardcore fanboys snub talk. Congrats, Avatar fans. Amazing strat.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Cameron though didn't take 13 years to get the story right - it was always 90%+ about the never seen before visuals and technology. 

• Like 6