Eric Loves Rey

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

That three hour and 12 minute runtime is going to hit this hard honestly.

There’s so much of this movie that could be trimmed and tightened up. There’s a better 2:45 movie in hidden in this excessively long film.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

Agreed, I feel like this comment from the r/boxoffice thread sums it up quite nicely

BTW 34% of the subreddit predicted >20m :sparta:

I mean, if it pre-sales like a CBM, IMs like a CBM, has a demo breakdown like a CBM, has a Monday Dec drop like a CBM … at some point it just is what it is 

Still a chance for some kind of turn around post-Christmas, but from what is tending towards a lower baseline, and I can’t say with high confidence that $500M is the floor here …

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

Are we really trustin early deadline numbers?

Been a bit for me but aren't Deadline's early weekday numbers usually better vs their weekends? Also they were pretty good for Avatar 2 this weekend.

• Like 2

Just now, Maggie said:

Are we really trustin early deadline numbers?

It's all fun and games, but I was literally about to make the same point.

On the other hand...

18 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Yep, seems about right (comps to weekend are headed for 15.5-17 in the theaters I'm tracking). As I said in the weekend thread looks like length is winning out over PLF skew. 

We're probs in the right ballpark, plus or minus a bit.

• Like 3

Just now, GipJo said:

NA only has 67 IMAX theaters, isn't that incredibly low? China has a whopping 800+ IMAX screens. If Avatar 2 needs premium screens for legs, how much impact the lack of screen have?

A lot lol. As @Porthosand a few others have been saying, the lack of PLF screens for a movie sold on "SEE IT IN THE BIGGEST BEST SCREEN POSSIBLE" might genuinely hurt this.