Eric Prime

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

18 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Anyways all this doom posting will be even better when it have a 2nd weekend that will be affected by Christmas.

At the end of the day everyone is going shocked pikachu face when this so called average movie will end up as biggest grossing movie of 2022.

Don't hold your breath on Christmas weekend. There's a massive winter storm sweeping the north and midwest Wednesday through Saturday. Travel in many places will be hard if not impossible just for Christmas gatherings let alone going to see a movie. The weekend to watch may be New Years to see if that picks up the crowds that weren't able to attend the previous weekend. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Porthos said:

.  But the pattern?  Well, hard to miss

Here’s some food for thought. It’s Buy One-Get One Free Day at my theater. Non IMAX tickets are $5.75. IMAX for Avatar is $16.00

Tickets Sold:

10:30AM IMAX - 70

02:30PM IMAX - 102

06:30PM IMAX - Sold Out

10:30PM IMAX - 27

Meanwhile:

They have 16 regular non-3D showings.  Currently they sold 52 tickets TOTAL for the day. 7 of the showings are 💯 empty. 

Next Tuesday’s IMAX is already at 27. 

• Like 4

Just now, Eastwood47 said:

Don't hold your breath on Christmas weekend. There's a massive winter storm sweeping the north and midwest Wednesday through Saturday. Travel in many places will be hard if not impossible just for Christmas gatherings let alone going to see a movie. The weekend to watch may be New Years to see if that picks up the crowds that weren't able to attend the previous weekend. 

I'm saying it'll do worse in Christmas weekend so more doom posting.

What I'm interested is whatever happens from New Year weekend. Hoping for CameronBall to start rolling from thereon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

So if the third weekend also doesn’t suddenly become an insane legs masterpiece will people accept it or just say “THE FOURTH WEEKEND GOT THIS”?

Why are you asking this when we are not even close to the 2nd weekend?

47 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Anyways all this doom posting will be even better when it have a 2nd weekend that will be affected by Christmas.

At the end of the day everyone is going shocked pikachu face when this so called average movie will end up as biggest grossing movie of 2022.

UT1y7Fh.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

So if the third weekend also doesn’t suddenly become an insane legs masterpiece will people accept it or just say “THE FOURTH WEEKEND GOT THIS”?

I think, as has always kind of been the case after reviewing R1's run and when it performed best during the holiday stretch with the same calendar, it's all about 12/26 through 12/30... Those weekdays. R1 exploded especially 12/26  through 12/28. It's 3rd biggest true day was the Monday after Christmas Day.

So, if somehow, next week A2 blows up a bit but continues to track behind R1, it'll start to become obvious that it's going to finish with something in the 475M DOM to 550M DOM range depending on how it holds in January.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It'll all  turn around the 17th weekend. Book it. 

An. Ti. Grav

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I think, as has always kind of been the case after reviewing R1's run and when it performed best during the holiday stretch with the same calendar, it's all about 12/26 through 12/30... Those weekdays. R1 exploded especially 12/26  through 12/28. It's 3rd biggest true day was the Monday after Christmas Day.

So, if somehow, next week A2 blows up a bit but continues to track behind R1, it'll start to become obvious that it's going to finish with something in the 475M DOM to 550M DOM range depending on how it holds in January.

Yes the second week will be important, but the second weekend will also be a good indication in all likelihood.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cap said:

He’s some food for thought. It’s Buy One-Get One Free Day at my theater. Non IMAX tickets are $5.75. IMAX for Avatar is $16.00

Tickets Sold:

10:30AM IMAX - 70

02:30PM IMAX - 102

06:30PM IMAX - Sold Out

10:30PM IMAX - 27

Meanwhile:

They have 16 regular non-3D showings.  Currently they sold 52 tickets TOTAL for the day. 7 of the showings are 💯 empty. 

Next Tuesday’s IMAX is already at 27. 

more evidence that exhibition needs to move on getting some of these waste of space smaller screens and putting in more PLF’s. It’ll pay for itself down the road. 

• Like 1

Just now, THUNDER BIRD said:

The reality that'll sink by January is that it will be clear that this movie will be taking the 2022 Crown. 

Also how to post pics in forum. This one looks from your phone. 

upload the pics to img.bb and then copy the link into the "Insert image from URL" box.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Well @THUNDER BIRD let's hope A2 has better legs DOM than JW3 did... While JW3 certainly had slightly better legs than the MCU stuff this year from it's OW DOM, so it was not overwhelming frontloaded in today's era of frontloadedness...  It's 2.58~ is the worst internal multi of the OW DOM of any Jurassic film.

Well it was also the worst Jurassic Movie, so all fair.

I'm talking about the doom that set in after its opening weekend and reception. Only for it to somehow squeak past Billion milestone.

6 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I definitely feel like they are pushing us back to those days when 2D showings were given crappy attention. I still remember films like the first Avengers movie in 2012 being shown on tiny 2D screens, while 3D got the biggest screens. It sucks for the folks like myself who want to see the movie on the biggest 2D screen possible.

My local Regal theater (brand new place) seems to have Avatar on some pretty small 2D screens. I saw Knives Out sequel there very recently and they had it on a much bigger screen in 2D. It was a very nice, big ass screen with a ton of seats in the auditorium. I assume this particular screen is only showing Avatar in 3D, based on the fact all the Avatar 2D showings have a much smaller number of total seats compared to that Knives Out auditorium. 

As someone who had to schedule around this so many times, I wished every screen were 3D capable.  I know it's not cost effective to do that, but the choices for which theaters were 3D or not seemed arbitrary and you'd be left doing things like putting a 5 week old movie in a 200 seat auditorium because all the smaller ones are taken or something.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

The reality that'll sink by January is that it will be clear that this movie will be taking the 2022 Crown. 

Also how to post pics in forum. This one looks from your phone. 

Domestic or WW?